|Single by Jay-Z|
|from the album The Blueprint|
|Released||August 21, 2001|
|Genre||East Coast hip hop|
|Jay-Z singles chronology|
Problems playing this file? See media help.
"Izzo (H.O.V.A.)" (often referred to as "H To The Izzo") is the first single released by Jay-Z from his sixth album The Blueprint. It is among his most popular singles. This was the second song released off The Blueprint, after the diss track "Takeover", but the lead single from it. The song reached #8 on the Billboard Hot 100 in the U.S. It was Jay-Z's first top 10 single as a lead artist.
Jay-Z premiered the song live, at the inaugural BET Awards on June 19, 2001.
The music video takes place in New York City with Jay-Z, Damon Dash, Biggs and other affiliates on a Roc-A-Fella parade float which features cameo appearances from Kanye West, Destiny's Child, Trina, Eve, Nelly and Outkast.
|Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)||23|
|Netherlands (Single Top 100)||69|
|Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)||53|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||21|
|US Billboard Hot 100||8|
|US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)||4|
|US Hot Rap Songs (Billboard)||7|
- "Austriancharts.at – Jay-Z – Izzo (H.O.V.A.)" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Jay-Z – Izzo (H.O.V.A.)" (in Dutch). Single Top 100. Retrieved June 29, 2017.
- "Swisscharts.com – Jay-Z – Izzo (H.O.V.A.)". Swiss Singles Chart. Retrieved June 29, 2017.
- "Official Singles Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company. Retrieved June 29, 2017.
- "Jay-Z Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Jay-Z Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)". Billboard.
- "Jay-Z Chart History (Hot Rap Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved June 29, 2017.
|This 2000s hip hop single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|