Izzy Gets the F*ck Across Town
|Izzy Gets the F*ck Across Town|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Christian Papierniak|
|Written by||Christian Papierniak|
|Music by||Andrew Brassell|
|Edited by||Zach Clark|
|Distributed by||Shout Studios|
Izzy Gets the F*ck Across Town is a 2017 American comedy-drama film written and directed by Christian Papierniak. The film stars Mackenzie Davis as a woman at rock bottom who must find her way across Los Angeles in order to crash her ex-boyfriend's engagement party. The film had its world premiere at the Los Angeles Film Festival on June 17, 2017. It was theatrically released in the United States by Shout! Studios on June 22, 2018.
- Mackenzie Davis as Izzy
- Ryan Simpkins as Young Izzy
- Carrie Coon as Virginia
- Alex Russell as Roger
- Alia Shawkat as Agatha Benson
- Lauren Miller Rogen as Ellen Wexler
- Haley Joel Osment as Walt
- Annie Potts as Mary
- Lakeith Stanfield as George
- Melinda McGraw as Mrs. Percy
- Brandon T. Jackson as Dick
- Rob Huebel as Bennett
- Meghan Lennox as Casey
- Luka Jones as Leo
- Sarah Goldberg as Whitney
- Kyle Kinane as Rabbit
- Salme Geransar as Gypsy
- Matt Riker as Andy Wexler
|1.||"axemen"||Corin Tucker||Mackenzie Davis, Carrie Coon and Andrew Brassell|
|2.||"Terrorist"||Corin Tucker||Heavens to Betsy|
|3.||"axemen"||Corin Tucker||Heavens to Betsy|
|4.||"History Eraser"||Courtney Barnett||Courtney Barnett|
|5.||"Pray for Rain"||Daniel Hindman and Sarah Versprille||Pure Bathing Culture|
|6.||"Ivory Coast"||Daniel Hindman and Sarah Versprille||Pure Bathing Culture|
|7.||"Fuck You (Izzy Theme)"||Andrew Brassell||Andrew Brassell and Tristen Gaspadarek|
|8.||"Done Faking"||Andrew Brassell and Hailey Collier||Shirley Tempo|
|9.||"Studying the Black Arts"||Andrew Brassell||Andrew Brassell|
|10.||"Doesn't Feel Like Christmas"||Dallas Preston Kruse and Doll Knight||Dallas & Doll|
|11.||"That's When I'll Stop Loving You"||Billy Earl Kennedy and Jack Edward Thomas||Belita Woods|
The soundtrack for the film was nominated at the 2019 Guild of Music Supervisors Awards for "Best Film Budgeted Under 5 Million Dollars".
On review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 56%, based on 34 reviews, and an average rating of 5.8/10. On Metacritic, the film has a weighted average score of 51 out of 100, based on 17 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews".
The film won the award for Best Narrative Feature at the 2017 Tacoma Film Festival, where Davis was also awarded Best Actor. Davis won Best Breakout Performance at that year's Napa Valley Film Festival. In 2018, the screenplay for the film was permanently added to the Core Collection at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' Margaret Herrick Library.
- Kroll, Justin (January 4, 2016). "Mackenzie Davis to Star in Indie Izzy Gets the F–k Across Town". Variety. Penske Business Media. Retrieved September 3, 2016.
- Olsen, Mark (May 9, 2017). "L.A. Film Festival competition lineups mix familiar faces with fresh discoveries". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved May 14, 2017.
- Busch, Anita (November 13, 2017). "Shout! Factory Launches Shout! Studios, Acquires Three Films For Release". Deadline Hollywood. Penske Business Media. Retrieved November 13, 2017.
- Brandle, Lars (January 10, 2010). "Guild of Music Supervisors Awards: 'A Star Is Born,' 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Among Nominees". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 3, 2019.
- "Izzy Gets the F*ck Across Town (2018)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved June 26, 2018.
- "Izzy Gets the F*ck Across Town Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved June 26, 2018.
|This article about a 2010s comedy-drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|