|Full name||Ezomo Iriekpen|
|Date of birth||14 May 1982|
|Place of birth||Newham, England|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|1998–2003||West Ham United||0||(0)|
|2002||→ Leyton Orient (loan)||5||(1)|
|2003||→ Cambridge United (loan)||13||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
West Ham United
Born in Newham, London, Iriekpen joined West Ham United as a trainee in August 1998. He captained their FA Youth Cup-winning team of 1999 that included the likes of Michael Carrick and Joe Cole.
After a knee injury, he joined East London neighbours Leyton Orient, managed by former Hammer Paul Brush on a six-week loan. On 22 October 2002, he made his professional debut in the first round of the season's Football League Trophy, at home to Peterborough United. In the 11th minute, he scored the first goal of a 3–2 victory. Four days later, he played his first game in The Football League, a 2–1 win away to Bristol Rovers in the Third Division; on 29 October he scored his first league goal in the second minute of a win by the same score against local rivals Southend United at Brisbane Road.
Iriekpen joined Swansea City on a free transfer in August 2003, signing an 18-month contract in November 2003. An ankle injury requiring surgery in July 2004 meant that he missed pre-season training but despite this, he helped Swansea to automatic promotion from League Two in May 2005. He signed a further two-year contract in May 2005, tying him to the club until 2007. A serious knee injury sustained during a match against Nottingham Forest in February 2006, which saw Iriekpen stretchered off and needing an operation, ruled him out for the rest of the 2005–06 season. At the end of the 2007 season, Iriekpen left Swansea by mutual consent having made a total of 137 league and cup appearances for Swansea, scoring eight goals.
Iriekpen signed a two-year contract with Scunthorpe United on 19 June 2007, with the option of a third year. He scored on his debut against Charlton Athletic. He was also given captaincy of the team for the 2008/09 season. On 30 December, Sky Sports reported Iriekpen asked to be placed on the transfer list and published a statement from the former Captain about his future plans.
Izzy parted company with Scunthorpe on 16 January 2009 to look at an opportunity with Bristol City.
On 26 January Gary Johnson, Bristol City manager, confirmed Iriekpen was on trial at the west country club with a view to signing a permanent deal. Iriekpen had been due to sign for Hamilton Academicals however he turned down this move to train with Bristol City. On 29 January 2009 joined Bristol City until the end of the 2008–2009 season. Iriekpen was released by Bristol City on 1 July 2009.
In September 2015, Iriekpen appeared in court at the Old Bailey in London charged with common assault wounding with intent and an alternative charge of unlawful wounding after a glassing incident with a bouncer at a night club in Notting Hill, London. In March 2016, he was found guilty of wounding and was jailed for three years and three months.
- West Ham United
- FA Youth Cup: 1999
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2010). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2010–11. Mainstream Publishing. p. 212. ISBN 978-1-84596-601-0.
- "Ezomo Iriekpen". Soccerbase. Racing Post. Retrieved 11 July 2007.
- Vaughan, Henry (16 March 2016). "Izzy Iriekpen trial: Former West Ham footballer 'left bouncer with severed arteries after glassing him in parking row'". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 25 April 2016.
- Marshall, Adam. "Iriekpen joins Orient". Sky Sports. Retrieved 25 April 2016.
- "Iriekpen stays at Cambridge". BBC Sport. 13 March 2003. Retrieved 11 August 2007.
- "York 3-1 Cambridge". BBC Sport. 8 March 2003. Retrieved 25 April 2016.
- "Iriekpen signs new deal". BBC Sport. 26 November 2003. Retrieved 11 August 2007.
- "Injury sidelines Iriekpen". BBC Sport. 12 July 2004. Retrieved 11 August 2007.
- "Iriekpen secures new Swans deal". BBC Sport. 7 May 2005. Retrieved 11 August 2007.
- "Bury 0–1 Swansea". BBC Sport. 31 May 2005. Retrieved 11 August 2007.
- "Swansea hit by double injury blow". BBC Sport. 17 February 2006. Retrieved 11 August 2007.
- "Scunthorpe sign defender Iriekpen". BBC Sport. 20 June 2007. Retrieved 11 August 2007.
- "Iriekpen Leaving Scunthorpe". Sky Sports. 30 December 2008. Retrieved 30 December 2008.
- "Sky Sports, Football, Championship News, Robins sign Iriekpen". www.skysports.com. Retrieved 29 January 2009.
- "Iriekpen arrives at Accies". Sky Sports. 27 July 2009. Retrieved 31 August 2009.
- "Iriekpen Departs". Hamilton Academical FC. 31 August 2009. Retrieved 31 August 2009.
- "Paddington resident and former West Ham player Izzy Iriekpen accused of glassing pub bouncer". www.hamhigh.co.uk. 7 September 2015. Retrieved 7 September 2015.
- Lorraine King. "Former West Ham footballer Izzy Iriekpen from Paddington is jailed for glassing pub bouncer". Hampstead Highgate Express. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- "Iriekpen Makes Significant Contribution to Promotion". Swanseacity.net. 1 May 2008.