Jádson playing for Shakhtar Donetsk in 2011
|Full name||Jádson Rodrigues da Silva|
|Date of birth||5 October 1983|
|Place of birth||Londrina, Brazil|
|Height||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 04:00, 01 June 2017 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 21:34, 6 September 2015 (UTC)
Jádson Rodrigues da Silva, professionally known as Jádson (Brazilian Portuguese: [ˈʒadsõⁿ]; born 5 October 1983), is a Brazilian professional footballer who plays as an attacking midfielder for Campeonato Brasileiro Série A club Corinthians.
Having begun his career at Atlético Paranaense, he moved to Shakhtar Donetsk in 2005. In eight seasons at the club, he won six Ukrainian Premier League titles, three Ukrainian Cup, and the UEFA Cup in 2009. He then returned to Brazil, first to São Paulo, before switching to Corinthians as part of a swap with Alexandre Pato.
Born in Londrina, Jádson began his career playing for Atlético Paranaense in Brazil, where he helped the squad to win two Paranaense Championships (2002, 2005) and to be runners-up in the Brazilian league (2004).....
In 2005, Jádson sealed a transfer to Shakhtar Donetsk. He scored the winning goal in extra time for Shakhtar in a 2–1 victory to win the 2009 UEFA Cup Final against Werder Bremen in Istanbul and was named Man of the match, as well as having previously scored 3 goals in the competition (a total of four in the UEFA Cup) and four goals in the Champions League including a hat-trick against FC Basel, to bring his total to nine goals in European competitions in 2008–09. He almost joins Arsenal during the summer in 2011.
After seven years in Ukraine, Jádson returned to Brazil in early 2012. He was bought for €4 million by São Paulo FC.
Eleven days after signing, on his debut for Corithians, in a 1–1 draw against rival Palmeiras, Jádson left the game under applauses,substituted by Renato Augusto, and said the following words: "I am very happy to wear Corinthians' number 10 shirt. Great names of football, as Neto and Rivellino, already wore this number in the club's shirt. The fans can be certain I'll play the best I can."
Jádson made his international debut for Brazil on 9 February 2011, coming off the bench in a 1–0 loss to France. Jádson was called up to the Brazil squad for the 2011 Copa America held in Argentina. He was an unused substitute in their disappointing 0–0 draw against Venezuela in the first game. However, he started the following match against Paraguay, replacing Robinho on the right wing after the former's limp display against Venezuela. He opened up the scoring with a long range shot, with Brazil eventually salvaging a 2–2 draw in the 89th minute.
Jadson also was called up for the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup on home soil. He made one appearance in the tournament, coming on as a 73rd-minute substitute for Hulk in the final, a 3–0 win over Spain.
|1.||9 July 2011||Córdoba||Paraguay||2–2||Draw||Copa América 2011|
Style of play
Jádson is known for his technical ability, passing, scoring threat and ability to use both feet.
- As of match played 20 November 2015
- Shakhtar Donetsk
- Ukrainian Premier League: 2004–05, 2005–06, 2007–08, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2011–12
- Ukrainian Cup: 2007–08, 2010–11, 2011–12
- Ukrainian Super Cup: 2005, 2008, 2010
- UEFA Cup: 2008–09
- São Paulo
- Tianjin Quanjian
- "Jádson". Soccerway. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- "Jadson the difference as Shakhtar triumph". UEFA. 20 May 2009. Retrieved 20 May 2009.
- "Report: Shakhtar Donetsk v FC Basel – UEFA Champions League – ESPN Soccernet". ESPN. 26 November 2008. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "Negócio fechado: São Paulo e Corinthians trocam Jadson por Pato" [Done deal: São Paulo and Corinthians trade Jadson for Pato] (in Portuguese). Globo.com. 5 February 2014. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- Jadson se diz mais empenhado por causa da torcida do Corinthians
- "France 1–0 Brazil: Benzema hits winner". Goal.com. 9 February 2011. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "Match: Brazil v Venezuela – Copa America – ESPN Soccernet". ESPN. 3 July 2011. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "Report: Brazil v Paraguay – Copa America – ESPN Soccernet". ESPN. 9 July 2011. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- Smith, Ben (1 July 2013). "Brazil 3-0 Spain". Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- "FC Shakhtar Donetsk: The Brazilian Colony". Bleacher Report. Retrieved 5 May 2012.
- "Vídeo: melhores momentos de Corinthians 1x1 Ponte Preta". br.blastingnews.com. 8 May 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jádson.|