János Simon (Hungarian pronunciation: [ˈjaːnoʃ ˈʃimon]; 1 March 1929 – 31 October 2010) was a Hungarian basketball player who competed in the 1952 Summer Olympics and 1960 Summer Olympics. He was born in Budapest-Budafok.
Simon was part of the Hungarian basketball team, which was eliminated after the group stage of the 1952 tournament. He played all six matches. Simon also played in the 1960 Summer Olympics where his team finished ninth.
- Elhunyt Simon János Eb-aranyérmes kosaras (in Hungarian)
- "János Simon". sport-reference.com. Retrieved 27 February 2010.
- "Hungary Basketball at the 1952 Helsinki Summer Games". sport-reference.com. Retrieved 27 February 2010.
- "Hungary Basketball at the 1960 Roma Summer Games". sport-reference.com. Retrieved 27 February 2010.
- "Simon János nevét viseli a Honvéd kosárlabda csarnoka" (in Hungarian). Hungarian Olympic Committee. 22 September 2012. Retrieved 2 August 2014.
|This biographical article relating to a Hungarian basketball figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|