This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||December 10, 1996|
Charlesbourg, Quebec City, Canada
Gabriel was born with head, facial, ear and skull deformities which included deafness. At age 6 months he was diagnosed with Treacher Collins syndrome. At age 5 years he was referred to Shriners Hospitals for Children where he met with Dr. Lucie Lessard. At age 6 (2003) he received a bone anchored hearing aid and discovered his passion for singing. In 2006 he sang for the Pope. In 2011, he sang the Canadian National Anthem, "O Canada", for a Montréal Canadiens NHL game.
After performing before pope Benedict XVI in 2006, he was received by Cardinal Ouellet and awarded the decoration of the Pontifical Swiss Guard. He performed several songs at CanadaFest between the years of 2007, 2011 and 2012 CanadaFest.
During 2012-2013, Gabriel became one of the co-patients ambassadors of the Shriners Hospitals for Children. He performed for several congresses and Shrine events across North America. He sang in Toronto, London, Montréal, Calgary, Ottawa, Chatham-Kent, Regina, Atlanta, Lewiston, Charlotte, Tampa Bay, Dallas, Chicago, Los Angeles and Las Vegas.
Jérémy's parents filed a complaint with the Quebec human rights commission against Mike Ward for jokes Mike Ward performed in regards to Jérémy's handicap and singing, in his shows from 2010 to 2013. The commission brought the case in front of Quebec’s Human Rights Tribunal seeking $80,000 in damages from Ward. The tribunal ordered Ward to pay him $35,000 and his mother $7000 in July 2016. However, Mike Ward has expressed that he would appeal the decision of the court and was granted a hearing.
On September 30, 2016, Gabriel released his first single, 'I Don't Care', on JLMMUSIC. That release is distributed by DEP and Believe Digital, and supported by Universal Music Canada. An extended play is scheduled for 2017.
On January 23, 2017, Gabriel released 'Peu m'importe', a French rendition of 'I Don't Care'.
- Lucie Lessard, MD
- Shriners Hospitals for Children: Jérémy's Story.
- Shriners Hospitals for Children Introduces 2012-2013 Patient Ambassadors
- With the Pope
- New York Islanders 3, Montréal Canadiens 4 FINAL
- Les Artistes du CanadaFest 2012.
- Patriquin, Martin (March 23, 2016). "Comedian Mike Ward's joke about a 12-year old has landed him in court and put a brand of very edgy comedy on trial". Maclean's. Archived from the original on March 24, 2016. Retrieved March 24, 2016.
The tribunal’s decision is expected in five months.Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "I Don't Care - Single by Jeremy Gabriel on Apple Music". iTunes. Retrieved 2017-05-16.
- "Peu m'importe - Single by Jeremy Gabriel on Apple Music". iTunes. Retrieved 2017-05-16.