|Born||10 January 1932|
|Died||21 March 2017(aged 85)|
József Szécsényi (10 January 1932 – 21 March 2017) was a Hungarian track and field athlete, who competed in the discus throw event. He was the bronze medallist at the 1954 European Athletics Championships, becoming Hungary's second such medallist in the event after István Donogán.
Szécsényi was multiple Hungarian champion in discus (1955-1956, 1958–63, 1965). He participated in two Olympic Games (1960, 1964), reaching the final both times. He represented Hungary three times at the European Athletics Championships (1954, 1958, 1962).
- "Meghalt a diszkoszvető, aki a Sport szelet figurája volt". Index.hu (in Hungarian). 21 March 2017. Retrieved 21 March 2017.
- European Championships (Men). GBR Athletics. Retrieved on 2016-02-27.
- Hungarian Championships. GBR Athletics. Retrieved on 2016-02-27.
- József SZÉCSÉNYI. All Athletics. Retrieved on 2016-02-27.
- World Student Games UIE. GBR Athletics. Retrieved on 2016-02-27.
- World Student Games (Pre-universiade). GBR Athletics. Retrieved on 2016-02-27.
|This biographical article relating to Hungarian athletics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|