Jörg-Rüdiger Wolfgang Sack (born in Duisburg, Germany) is a professor of computer science at Carleton University, where he holds the SUN–NSERC chair in Applied Parallel Computing. Sack received a master's degree from the University of Bonn in 1979 and a Ph.D. in 1984 from McGill University, under the supervision of Godfried Toussaint. He is co-editor-in-chief of the journal Computational Geometry: Theory and Applications, co-editor of the Handbook of Computational Geometry (Elsevier, 2000, ISBN 978-0-444-82537-7), and co-editor of the proceedings of the biennial Algorithms and Data Structures Symposium (WADS). He was a co-founding editor-in-chief of the open access Journal of Spatial Information Science but is no longer an editor there. Sack's research interests include computational geometry, parallel algorithms, and geographic information systems.
- SUN–NSERC Chair in Applied Parallel Computing, Carleton University.
- Sack's web site at Carleton Archived 2010-02-13 at the Wayback Machine, retrieved 2009-11-20.
- Jörg-Rüdiger Wolfgang Sack at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Computational Geometry: Theory and Applications journal description from publisher's web site, retrieved 2009-11-20.
- WADS at DBLP, retrieved 2009-11-21.
- Journal of Spatial Information Science, retrieved 2020-02-14.
- List of publications for Jörg-Rüdiger Sack at DBLP.