Bergmeister at the 2014 Super GT Suzuka 1000km.
|24 Hours of Le Mans career|
|Participating years||2002 –|
|Teams||Freisinger Motorsport, The Racer's Group, White Lightning Racing, Petersen Motorsports, Flying Lizard Motorsports|
|Best finish||10th (2004)|
|Class wins||1 (2004)|
His late father, Willi Bergmeister, owned a workshop and dealership where Michael Schumacher learned his trade as a car mechanic in the 1980s.
Since 1996, Jörg has raced in the Porsche Carrera Cup. In 2006 he won the Grand-American Rolex Series Championship. He also won the 2003 24 Hours of Daytona overall in a Porsche 911 GT3-RS. His most recent achievement is 1st place at the 24 Hours of Daytona in the GT Class with TRG.
He also won the Porsche Supercup in 2001, and the German Cup in 2000. He is one of the tallest sport car drivers at 6'4". He also has a degree in economics. As of 2010, Jörg drives for Flying Lizard Motorsports in the American Le Mans Series and the 24 Hours of Le Mans and BMS Scuderia Italia in the FIA GT2 European Championship.
For 2012, Bergmeister will return with Flying Lizard Motorsports and co-driver Patrick Long.
- 2010 – 1st place ALMS GT Class Driver's Championship (Porsche 911 GT3-RSR)
- 2010 – 1st place 24 Hour of Spa (Porsche 911 GT3-RSR)
- 2009 – 1st place ALMS GT2 Class Driver's Championship (Porsche 911 GT3-RSR)
- 2009 – 1st place GT Class 24 Hours of Daytona
- 2008 – 1st place ALMS GT2 Class Driver's Championship (Porsche 911 GT3-RSR)
- 2006 – 1st place ALMS GT2 Class Driver's Championship (Porsche 911 GT3-RSR)
- 2006 – 1st place Grand-Am Daytona Prototype Driver's Championship
- 2005 – 1st place ALMS GT2 Class Driver's Championship (Porsche 911 GT3-RSR), 4th Place Daytona Prototype Grand-Am
- 2004 – 1st place GT Class 24 Hours of Le Mans
- 2003 – 3rd place ALMS GT Class (Porsche 911 GT3-RS), 1st place 24 Hours of Daytona Overall win
- 2002 – 4th place ALMS Class (Porsche 911 GT3-RS), 1st place GT Class 24 Hours of Daytona
- 2001 – 2nd place Porsche Carrera Cup, 1st place Porsche Supercup
- 2000 – 1st place Porsche Carrera Cup, 6th place Porsche Supercup
- 1999 – 3rd place Porsche Carrera Cup
- 1998 – 9th place Porsche Carrera Cup
- 1997 – 6th place Formula Opel Euroseries
- 1996 – 7th place Porsche Carrera Cup
- 1995 – 2nd place Formula Opel
- 1994 – Deutsche Formula Renault Masterseries
- 1993 – 1st place Formula König
- 1992 – 3rd place Formula König
24 Hours of Le Mans results
|Porsche Carrera Cup Germany champion
|Porsche Supercup champion
|Rolex Sports Car Series DP Champion