They are most famous for creating the 2 seat open top Indigo 3000 car. This car is powered by a Volvo 3 Litre six cylinder engine giving a top speed of 250 km/h (155 mph) with drive to the rear wheels. The body is of composite panels attached to a space frame. The front suspension is a walking beam design with a transverse composite leaf spring and the rear unit is a multilink from Volvo also using a composite transverse spring.
- 1993-10 Bengt Lidmalm gets the idea for his own sportscar when visiting the TVR showroom at Earls Court.
- 1994-02 Jösse Car AB was founded, Head office in Arvika.
- 1994-03 Bengt Lidmalm and Sven-Olof Fogelberg starts the construction of the first chassis.
- 1994-10 First prototype presented.
- 1995-early First prototype driven, two more prototypes were built.
- 1995-05 The car passes crash testing at the Swedish VTI institute.
- 1995-06 A decision was made to start series production of the Indigo 3000.
- 1995-09 Engine emissions testing completed.
- 1996-03 Production started 1996-03-01, only 3 cars were built in 1996.
- 1996-06 First car delivered to customer.
- 1996-09 JC Indigo 3000 was awarded "Utmärkt Svensk Form" ('Excellent Swedish Design').
- 1997-10 Unveiling of new factory in Åmål, a total of 12 cars were built in Arvika.
- 1998 Last car built late in 1998.
- 1999-01 Last car delivered to customer 1999-01-11.
- 1999-03 Jösse Car AB was declared bankrupt. A grand total of 44 cars were built.
- Jösse Car - Official website
|This article about an automotive industry corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|