This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
They are most famous for creating the 2 seat open top Indigo 3000 car. This car is powered by a Volvo 3 Litre six cylinder engine giving a top speed of 250 km/h (155 mph) with drive to the rear wheels. The body is of composite panels attached to a space frame. The front suspension is a walking beam design with a transverse composite leaf spring and the rear unit is a multilink from Volvo also using a composite transverse spring.
- 1993-10 Bengt Lidmalm gets the idea for his own sportscar when visiting the TVR showroom at Earls Court.
- 1994-02 Jösse Car AB was founded, Head office in Arvika.
- 1994-03 Bengt Lidmalm and Sven-Olof Fogelberg starts the construction of the first chassis.
- 1994-10 First prototype presented.
- 1995-early First prototype driven, two more prototypes were built.
- 1995-05 The car passes crash testing at the Swedish VTI institute.
- 1995-06 A decision was made to start series production of the Indigo 3000.
- 1995-09 Engine emissions testing completed.
- 1996-03 Production started 1996-03-01, only 3 cars were built in 1996.
- 1996-06 First car delivered to customer.
- 1996-09 JC Indigo 3000 was awarded "Utmärkt Svensk Form" ('Excellent Swedish Design').
- 1997-10 Unveiling of new factory in Åmål, a total of 12 cars were built in Arvika.
- 1998 Last car built late in 1998.
- 1999-01 Last car delivered to customer 1999-01-11.
- 1999-03 Jösse Car AB was declared bankrupt. A grand total of 44 cars were built.
- Jösse Car - Official website
|This article about an automotive industry corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|