Júlio Regufe Alves
|Full name||Júlio Regufe Alves|
|Date of birth||29 June 1991|
|Place of birth||Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2010–2011||→ Ribeirão (loan)||12||(0)|
|2012–2013||→ Sporting B (loan)||11||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 1 June 2014.
Born in Póvoa de Varzim, Alves played youth football with three clubs, finishing his formation with Rio Ave FC. In the 2010–11 season he made his senior debuts with farm team G.D. Ribeirão, in the third division.
In late January 2011 Alves was recalled by his parent club, making his top flight debut on 6 February by playing the last five minutes of a 0–1 away loss against F.C. Porto, a club he had previously represented as a youth. He contributed with 239 minutes (three starts) as the Vila do Conde team retained its division status.
Alves was bought by Spanish side Atlético Madrid in July 2011. However, the following month, in the very last day of the summer transfer window, he moved teams – and countries – again, joining a host of compatriots at Beşiktaş JK, including manager Carlos Carvalhal.
On 24 August 2012 Alves signed for Sporting Clube de Portugal B on loan, playing the 2012–13 campaign in the second level. On 16 April of the following year, his contract was terminated for €200,000.
Alves' older brothers, Geraldo and Bruno, are also footballers (both central defenders). The former played briefly for S.L. Benfica, also representing a host of other teams. The latter played with great individual and team success for Porto, also gaining more than 80 caps for the Portuguese national team.
- Atlético reportedly sign Júlio Alves; Atlético Fans, 6 July 2011
- El extraño caso de Julio Regufe Alves (The strange case of Julio Regufe Alves); Marca, 31 August 2011 (Spanish)
- "Alves loaned to Sporting". Beşiktaş JK. 24 August 2012. Retrieved 26 August 2012.
- "Profesyonel Futbolcu Julio Regufe Alves ile olan sözleşmemiz karşılıklı olarak feshedilmiştir" (in Turkish). KAP. 16 April 2013. Retrieved 9 May 2013.