|Full name||Junior Gustavo Izaguirre Puerto|
|Date of birth||12 August 1979|
|Place of birth||Tegucigalpa, Honduras|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18 December 2016.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 2007
Izaguirre started his professional career at Honduran giants F.C. Motagua with whom he stayed for 8 years. He was the hero of the 2001 Apertura championship final when he scored all three of Motagua's goals against Marathón. In 2005, he moved abroad only for an unsuccessful campaign at Uruguayan top team Peñarol, due to an injury. He only played one match for them before his contract was terminated in April 2006. He returned to Honduras to have a short spell at Marathón, then signed for Victoria. He returned to his first club, F.C. Motagua, before the 2011 Clausura championship.
He is the top-scoring defender of Honduran football with 37 goals.
Izaguirre played at the 1999 FIFA World Youth Championship and was a member of the national squad at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney. Izaguirre then won many caps for the Honduran national team around the start of the 21st century, playing regularly in central defense.
He made his international debut against Canada on May 30, 2000, and received his final cap against Nicaragua on February 15, 2007. The high point of Izaguirre's international career came in the consolation match of the 2001 Copa América against Uruguay, when he scored in regulation time and hit the decisive penalty in the shootout to secure third-place honors for Honduras. He has represented his country in 2 FIFA World Cup qualification matches and played at the 2001 and 2007 UNCAF Nations Cups as well as at the 2005 CONCACAF Gold Cup.
- Scores and results list Honduras' goal tally first.
|1.||29 July 2001||Estadio Nemesio Camacho, Bogotá, Colombia||Uruguay||2–1||2–2||2001 Copa América|
|2.||3 August 2004||Estadio Cuscatlán, San Salvador, El Salvador||El Salvador||1–0||4–0||friendly match|
- Diez.hn 03/12/2013 11:03PM Junior Izaguirre ha culminado su contrato con Motagua, pero el técnico Diego Vásquez le ha solicitado que se una a la plantilla, pues esta en sus planes para la siguiente campaña.
- “Se debe asumir como una final”, dice Júnior Izaguirre - El Heraldo (in Spanish)
- Hondureño Izaguirre rescinde contrato con uruguayo Peñarol - Nación (in Spanish)
- Motagua se sigue armando - La Tribuna (in Spanish)
- Júnior Izaguirre: “Debemos jugar como si fuera la final” - La Prensa (in Spanish)
- FIFA. "Match Report - Honduras - Spain 1:3 (0:3)". April 11, 1999. Retrieved on April 19, 2013.
- FIFA. "Men's Olympic Football Tournament Squad List: Honduras". Retrieved on April 19, 2013.
- Courtney, Barrie. "International Matches 2000 - North and Central America and Caribbean" Archived March 31, 2015, at the Wayback Machine.. RSSSF, February 2, 2005. Retrieved on April 19, 2013.
- Courtney, Barrie. "UNCAF (Qualifying Tournament for Gold Cup) 2007 - Details". RSSSF, March 2, 2007. Retrieved on April 19, 2013.
- Manaschev, Erlan. "International Matches 2001 - Intercontinental, July-September". RSSSF, February 2, 2005. Retrieved on April 19, 2013.
- Júnior Izaguirre – FIFA competition record
- Qualifying Tournament for Gold Cup 2001 - Details Archived October 24, 2008, at the Wayback Machine. - RSSSF
- CONCACAF Championship, Gold Cup 2005 - Full Details Archived October 24, 2008, at the Wayback Machine. - RSSSF