The station exterior in March 2015
|Location||Yamato, Jōetsu-shi, Niigata-ken 943-0861
|Opened||14 March 2015|
Jōetsumyōkō Station (上越妙高駅 Jōetsumyōkō-eki?) is an interchange railway station in Jōetsu, Niigata, Japan, operated by East Japan Railway Company (JR East) and the third-sector railway operator Echigo Tokimeki Railway. It opened in March 2015.
Jōetsumyōkō Station is served by the Echigo Tokimeki Railway Myōkō Haneuma Line and the high-speed Hokuriku Shinkansen, which opened for service on 14 March 2015. It replaced Wakinoda Station on the Shinetsu Main Line, located approximately 120 m away. The journey from Tokyo via the Hokuriku Shinkansen takes 1 hour 48 minutes. Only Hakutaka semi-fast Tokyo-to-Kanazawa services stop at Jōetsumyōkō on the Hokuriku Shinkansen.
The new station consists of two elevated island platforms serving four tracks on the Hokuriku Shinkansen, with a ground-level island platform serving two tracks for the Myōkō Haneuma Line. The station has a "Midori no Madoguchi" staffed ticket office and also a "View Plaza" travel agent.
|Kagayaki: Does not stop at this station|
|Echigo Tokimeki Railway Myōkō Haneuma Line|
Initially provisionally named Jōetsu Station (上越駅?), the name Jōetsumyōkō Station was formally announced in June 2013. Construction was completed in October 2014. It opened on 14 March 2015, coinciding with the opening of the Hokuriku Shinkansen extension from Nagano.
- Tokunaga, Yasushi (December 2013). 上越妙高駅に生まれ変わる脇野田駅 [Wakinoda Station to be reborn as Joetsu-Myoko Station]. Japan Railfan Magazine (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 53 (632): 26–27.
- Osano, Kagetoshi (March 2015). 北陸新幹線並行在来線各社の姿 [Guide to companies operating conventional lines alongside the Hokuriku Shinkansen]. Tetsudō Daiya Jōhō Magazine (in Japanese). Japan: Kōtsū Shimbun. 44 (371): 28–33.
- 北陸新幹線の概要 [Hokuriku Shinkansen Overview] (in Japanese). Japan: Joetsu City. 10 October 2012. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- JR Timetable, February 2015
- 上越市新幹線駅周辺地区まちなみ形成構想 [Surrounding area of shinkansen station in Joetsu] (pdf) (in Japanese). Japan: Joetsu City. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- 北陸新幹線の新駅（仮称：上越駅）の駅名について [Details of station name for new station on Hokuriku Shinkansen] (pdf) (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 7 June 2012. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jōetsumyōkō Station.|