|Publisher||Bauer Teen Group|
|First issue||January 1999|
|Based in||Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey|
J-14 is a monthly teenage magazine marketed at preteen and teenage girls around age 11-19. It is one of the earliest teen celebrity magazines. The magazine was among the top children's magazines in the 2012 list of Forbes.
History and profile
J-14 was founded in 1998. The first issue of the magazine was released in January 1999. It is published by Bauer Publishing, the United States division of the German firm Bauer Verlagsgruppe. The contents of these magazines include features like teen gossip, quizzes, fashion, posters, and information on celebrities that pertain to the readers. The name of the publication is a sound-alike abbreviation of its tagline "Just For Teens".
The headquarters of J-14 is in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey.
An annual survey in 2007 by Experian Simmons Research of Fort Lauderdale, Florida found that J-14 tied Nickelodeon Magazine among American girls 8–14 for familiarity, with nearly one in three girls in that age group surveyed saying they had read or looked at the magazine. Circulation was 217,183 copies in 2006.
- Jason Collazo (3 March 2012). "Top Children Magazines In 2012". Forbes. Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- "Media Kit 2015" (PDF). My In Touch Weekly. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- Nadine Cheung (9 February 2011). "J-14 Seeks New Editorial Team Member, Like, Seriously". FishbowlNY. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "Bauer Xcel Media Announces the WorldWide Launch of J-14 Espanol: es.j-14.com". PR News. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- Olson, Elizabeth OMG! Cute Boys, Kissing Tips and Lots of Pics, as Magazines Find a Niche, New York Times, 28 May 2007, Retrieved 24 January 2009
|This teens' magazine–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.