This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
J-Ax at Lucca Comics & Games 2016
|Birth name||Alessandro Aleotti|
|Born||August 5, 1972|
|Genres||Pop, pop-rap, funk, rap rock, alternative rock, alternative hip hop|
|Associated acts||Club Dogo, Gemelli Diversi, Marracash, Max Pezzali, Fedez|
Alessandro Aleotti, known as J-Ax, (born 5 August 1972 in Milan, Italy) is an Italian singer, former singer in the rap group Articolo 31 with his DJ Vito Luca Perrini (DJ Jad). He is the brother of Weedo (also known as Grido from boyband Gemelli DiVersi). On 6 May 2010, he created the band 'Due di Picche' with Neffa.
From 1990 to 2005, J-Ax (abbreviation of Joker Alex) was part of the famous and popular Italian rap group Articolo 31 which he founded with Vito Luca Perrini, AKA "DJ Jad". In 2014 he became a judge on the show The Voice of Italy.
In 2006 J-Ax released his first solo album, Di sana pianta. This album, which was very pop oriented, spawned no fewer than six singles: S.N.O.B., Tua mamma, Ti amo o ti ammazzo, Acqua nella scuola, Piccoli per sempre and Escono i pazzi. The single Ti amo o ti ammazzo was also translated and released in Spanish as Te amo o te mato. This album continued themes used by Articolo 31, such as knowing love (Ti amo o ti ammazzo), criticising society, (S.N.O.B., Tua mamma) and the protection of immigrants (Escono i pazzi, Fumo ancora). In 2007 he teamed up with The Styles to release the single Più Stile, which won at the MTV Europe Music Awards for "Best Italian Act". In the same year, he released material with some of "Spaghetti Funk", a crew which he created at the same time as Articolo 31 in the 90s with Gemelli DiVersi, Space One, Raptuz TDK (a writer) and a lot of other singers that now aren't in the crew. Later the album Di sana pianta he released the song S.N.O.B. reloaded with Space One, Gue Pequeno, Jake La Furia, Marracash, Don Joe and Fabio B. In 2007, he also participated in MTV Day with DJ Jad and reformed their old group for a day.
J-Ax did not release an album in 2007, although he had many projects on, which continued into 2008. He sang on Amici un cazzo by Space One with Gemelli Diversi, Come noi by Pino Scotto and Fattore wow with Marracash and Gue Pequeno. He also wrote three songs in that year: Uno di noi, a thank you to his fans, Limonare al multisala, for the soundtrack of the film Ti stramo and I vecchietti fanno o, the first single of his next album.
At the beginning of 2009 J-Ax launched a project: to release two CDs in the year. The first, Rap N'Roll was released at the end of January. As well as I vecchietti fanno oh, he released 3 singles: Aumentaci le dosi, 3 paperelle and Rap N' Roll. Artists who worked with him on the album include Space One, DJ Zak, Gue Pequeno, Irene Viboras, Fabio B and Guido Style, with whom he has worked since Più Stile.
In the summer of 2009 he released his third CD as a solo artist, Deca dance. J-Ax paid homage to house music with this album with the single Deca Dance as well as more traditional singles with Come un sasso and Vendesi idolo. He also shows his sense of humour on I love paranoia, and Come un sasso. Pino Daniele, Marracash, Grido and Jovanotti took part in the album as well as another partnership with The Styles.
With Articolo 31
- 1993 - È Natale (ma io non ci sto dentro)
- 1993 - Strade di città
- 1994 - Messa di vespiri
- 1996 - Così com'è
- 1998 - Nessuno
- 1999 - Xché sì
- 2000 - Greatest hits
- 2002 - Domani smetto
- 2003 - Italiano medio
- 2004 - La riconquista del forum
- 2006 - Di sana pianta
- 2009 - Rap n' Roll
- 2009 - Deca Dance
- 2011 - Meglio prima (?)
- 2015 - Il bello d'esser brutti
Since 2006 - solo
- 2006: S.N.O.B. (Senza Nessun Obbligo Baciaculistico)
- 2006: Ti amo o ti ammazzo
- 2006: Piccoli per sempre
- 2006: Escono i pazzi
- 2006: Aqua nella scquola
- 2007: Tua mamma
- 2007: Fumo ancora - L'esame della bamba
- 2007: Quotidiana
- 2007: Ti amo o ti ammazzo ("Te amo o te mato" in Spanish)
- 2007: S.N.O.B. reloaded
- 2007: + Stile (featuring The Styles)
- 2008: Come noi (from the album Datevi Fuoco by Pino Scotto)
- 2008: Uno di noi (featuring Spaghetti Funk)
- 2009: Rap n' Roll (featuring Guè Pequeno)
- 2009: I vecchietti fanno O
- 2009: Limonare al multisala (featuring The Styles)
- 2009: Aumentaci le dosi
- 2009: Tre paperelle (featuring Irene Viboras)
- 2009: Il sole dentro di me (featuring Pino Daniele)
- 2009: Deca dance
- 2009: Anni amari (featuring Pino Daniele)
- 2011: Dentro me
- 2011: Altra vita
- 2011: Meglio prima
- 2011: Domenica da coma
- 2011: I love my bike
- 2012: Tutta scena
- 2012: Brillo ma da lucido
- 2012: Io non sono partito (featuring Steve Forest)
- 2012: Se il mondo fosse (featuring Emis Killa, Club Dogo & Marracash)
- 2014: Uno di quei giorni (featuring Nina Zilli)
- 2015: Il bello d'esser brutti
- 2015: Maria Salvador (featuring Il Cile)
- 2015: Miss & Mr Hide
- 2015: La tangenziale (featuring Elio)
- 2015: Intro (featuring Bianca Atzei)
- 2016: Vorrei ma non posto with Fedez
- 2016: Assenzio with Fedez featuring Stash and Levante
- 2017: Piccole cose with Fedez featuring Alessandra Amoroso
- 2017 Senza pagare with Fedez featuring T-Pain
- 2018 Italiana with Fedez
- 2018 Tutta tua madre
- 1995: Un disco per l'estate
- 2007: MTV Europe Music Awards: Best Italian Act
- 2010: TRL Awards 2010: TRL History
- 2012: MTV Hip Hop Awards: Best Live
- 2012: MTV Hip Hop Awards: Best Collaboration
- I pensieri di nessuno, 1998, Ricordi-Publication.
- Tutta scena, 2012, Tv Sorrisi e Canzoni.
- Axforismi, 2014, Feltrinelli.
- Imperfetta forma, 2016, Mondadori.
|2004||Natale a casa Deejay||Cameo|
|2014||Numero zero - Alle radici del rap italiano||Guest part|
- "J-Ax - Biography & History - AllMusic". AllMusic. Archived from the original on 12 September 2017. Retrieved 11 May 2018.
- "Articolo 31 - Biography & History - AllMusic". AllMusic. Archived from the original on 11 May 2018. Retrieved 11 May 2018.
- Fabio Bernabei. Hip Hop Italia: Il rap italiano dalla breakdance alle rapstar. Imprimatur editore, 2014. ISBN 8868301709.