|No. 7 – Phoenix Fuel Masters|
|Position||Shooting guard / Small forward|
November 18, 1983 |
Minalin, Pampanga, Philippines
|Listed height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Listed weight||185 lb (84 kg)|
|High school||Claret School of Quezon City
Colegio de San Juan de Letran
|College||Ateneo de Manila University|
|PBA draft||2007 Round: 1 / Pick: 4th overall|
|Selected by the Air21 Express|
|2007–2009||Air21 Express / Barako Bull Energy|
|2009–2012||Barangay Ginebra Kings|
|2012–2013||B-Meg Llamados / San Mig Coffee Mixers|
|2013–present||Barako Bull Energy / Phoenix Fuel Masters|
|Career highlights and awards|
John Christopher Antonio Intal (born November 18, 1983), better known as JC Intal, is a Filipino professional basketball player who currently plays for the Phoenix Fuel Masters of the Philippine Basketball Association (PBA). He is married to television host and model Bianca Gonzalez.
Early life and college career
Born in Minalin, Pampanga, Philippines, Intal initially studied at Claret School of Quezon City before he transferred to Letran where he became a part of the Letran Squires high school varsity team. After his high school days, he tried out for the Ateneo Blue Eagles. While playing for the Blue Eagles, he was placed in the Team B and upon his second year in college he became a member of Team A. He was the part of the team that won its first UAAP Senior's Basketball Championship in 2002. He ended his college career in 2006 with a loss to the UST Growling Tigers in the UAAP Finals in that same year.
While in college, he played amateur basketball for the Harbour Centre Batang Pier of the Philippine Basketball League, where he became known for his high-flying abilities, thus earning the nickname The Rocket, having won the Slam Dunk contest in 2003.
Intal was drafted 4th overall by the Air21 Express in the 2007 PBA draft. In 2009, he was acquired by Barangay Ginebra Kings via a blockbuster three-team trade. In three seasons with the Kings, he was a reliable role player, complimenting with leading scorers Mark Caguioa, Jayjay Helterbrand and Eric Menk. After three seasons with Ginebra, he was again traded to B-Meg (now San Mig Coffee) via a blockbuster three team trade in exchange for Kerby Raymundo and Dylan Ababou. While playing for San Mig, he suffered a meniscus tear in his left knee, causing him to miss basketball action for four months in 2012. Before he could return to full health, he came back into active play, but was never fully healthy, by which his left knee became swollen after every game. He was traded again, this time to Barako Bull via a blockbuster 10-man, 5-team trade in January 2013. He's been playing with Barako Bull since then, and has become one of the team's reliable veterans. He has also posted career highs in scoring, field goal and free throw percentage, and minutes played.
PBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||MPG||Minutes per game||FG%||Field-goal percentage|
|3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage||RPG||Rebounds per game|
|APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game||BPG||Blocks per game|
|PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
Correct as of September 24, 2016 
|2012–13||B-Meg/San Mig Coffee||35||16.3||.272||.189||.696||2.7||1.3||.5||.2||3.8|
|2015–16||Barako Bull / Phoenix||26||29.5||.361||.262||.675||5.1||1.7||.6||.5||11.8|
Intal was part of the 16-man Gilas Pilipinas 3.0 pool that was gearing up for the 2015 FIBA Asia Championship. After a successful stint in the Estonia Pocket Tournament and the 37th William Jones Cup in Taiwan, he was named to the Final 12 roster that represented the country in the FIBA Asia tournament.
Intal was engaged to TV host Bianca Gonzalez, his girlfriend since 2011. On March 20, 2014, he proposed to Gonzalez at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 2, as the latter was about to depart for London. Intal's parents and couple Cheska Garcia and Doug Kramer were among those who witnessed the proposal. Intal and Gonzalez married on December 4, 2014 in El Nido, Palawan. In April 2015, television host Boy Abunda announced on his program Aquino & Abunda Tonight that Gonzalez and Intal expecting their first child. Their first child, who they named Lucia Martine was born in October 23, 2015.
- Belen, Reynaldo (January 26, 2012). "B-MEG, Barako, Ginebra seek approval for Raymundo, Intal, Ababou deal". Spin.ph. Manila. Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- Dy, Richard (February 27, 2013). "Fit-again Intal eager to recapture old form under Toroman". Spin.ph. Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- Bracher, Jane (January 10, 2014). "JC Intal's faith in himself pays off". Rappler. Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- Player Profile at PBA-Online!
- Joble, Rey (August 6, 2015). "Barako Bull's JC Intal treasures Gilas Pilipinas invite: 'It's an ultimate gift for me as a PBA player'". InterAksyon. Retrieved October 2, 2015.
- "List of PBA players for Gilas Pilipinas Pool". Philippine Daily Inquirer. August 3, 2015. Retrieved October 2, 2015.
- "SBP names Gilas Pilipinas Final 12 roster for 2015 Fiba Asia Championships". Philippine Daily Inquirer. September 8, 2015. Retrieved October 2, 2015.
- Badua, Snow (March 20, 2014). "Find out how PBA player Intal executed perfect game plan for his slam-dunk proposal to TV host Bianca Gonzalez". Spin.ph. Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- Fopalan, Renee (March 20, 2014). "Bianca Gonzales, JC Intal get engaged after airport proposal". GMA News and Public Affairs. Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- Ramirez, Patty (March 20, 2014). "Bianca Gonzalez now engaged to JC Intal". ABS-CBN. Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- "Bianca Gonzalez and JC Intal wed in Palawan". Rappler. December 4, 2014. Retrieved April 29, 2015.
- "Bianca Gonzalez, JC Intal expecting first baby". ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs. April 28, 2015. Retrieved April 29, 2015.
- "Bianca Gonzalez gives birth to baby girl". ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs. October 23, 2015. Retrieved October 23, 2015.