J. J. Cohen
|J. J. Cohen|
|Born||Yakov Yehuda Cohen
June 22, 1965
Place of birth unknown
Jeffrey Jay Cohen (born June 22, 1965) is an actor who has appeared in film and on television. Cohen's first feature film was in the 1984 film Paradise Motel. It was not until 1985, he would get his big role in the film Back to the Future as Skinhead, a member of Biff Tannen's gang. In 1989, he reprised his role in Back to the Future Part II, a year later, he appeared in Back to the Future Part III as a member of Needles's gang.
According to the DVD commentary, he was originally up for the role of Biff but did not appear physically imposing next to Eric Stoltz who was originally cast as Marty McFly. Writer and producer Bob Gale noted that, had the much shorter Michael J. Fox been cast as Marty from the beginning as they had hoped, Cohen probably would have played Biff.
Cohen's other film roles include the 1985 film Secret Admirer. He starred in the 1986 drama film Fire with Fire. Cohen's other big role was in the 1987 action film The Principal as White Zac. He also appeared in the 1988 horror film 976-EVIL. Cohen's most recent film was in the 2000 film Almost Famous.
- Paradise Motel (1985) - Shooter Spinelli
- Secret Admirer (1985) - Barry
- Back to the Future (1985) - Skinhead
- Fire with Fire (1986) - Mapmaker
- The Principal (1987) - White Zac
- 976-EVIL (1988) - Marcus
- Back to the Future Part II (1989) - Skinhead
- Back to the Future Part III (1990) - Needles' Gang
- Object of Obsession (1994) - Homeless Man
- The Night Caller (1998) - Bicyclist
- Almost Famous (2000) - Roadie Scully
- Lentz, Harris M. (March 1994). Science fiction, horror & fantasy film and television credits: Supplement 2, through 1993. McFarland. ISBN 978-0-89950-927-3. Retrieved 3 May 2012.
- Emery, Robert J. (4 April 2000). The directors - take two: in their own words. TV Books. p. 75. ISBN 978-1-57500-129-6. Retrieved 3 May 2012.
- Milne, Jeff (20 July 2009). Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon: The Complete Guide to the Movie Trivia Game. Jeff Milne. p. 584. ISBN 978-0-615-28521-4. Retrieved 3 May 2012.
- Cameron-Wilson, James (1 December 2001). Film Review 2001-2002: The Definitive Film Yearbook. Reynolds & Hearn. ISBN 978-1-903111-25-3. Retrieved 3 May 2012.