Jean M. Redmann
|Jean M. Redmann|
|Literary movement||LGBT literature|
Main themes of Redmann's novels are the protagonist's troubled childhood and how it affects her adult life, discrimination based on sexual orientation and alcoholism. Her novels follow the tradition of hardboiled fiction.
Redmann is a gay rights activist and works as the director of prevention at NO/AIDS Task Force.
Micky Knight Series
- Death by the Riverside (1990)
- Deaths of Jocasta (1992) – Lambda Literary Award finalist
- The Intersection of Law and Desire (1995) – Lambda Literary Award Winner
- Lost Daughters (1999) – Lambda Literary Award finalist
- Death of a Dying Man (2009) – Lambda Literary Award Winner
- Water Mark (2010) – Lambda Literary Award finalist
- Ill Will (2012) – Lambda Literary Award Winner
- The Shoal of Time (2013)
- "25th annual Lambda Literary Award winners announced". LGBT Weekly, June 4, 2013.