J. W. Mitchell High School
|J. W. Mitchell High School|
|2323 Little Road
New Port Richey, Florida 34691
|School type||Public High School|
|School district||Pasco County Schools|
|NCES School ID||120153004423|
|Teaching staff||117 (on FTE basis)|
|Grades||9 to 12|
|Student to teacher ratio||16:1 (as of 2015-2016)|
|Color(s)||Black and Gold|
|Slogan||Empowered by Community, Driven by Integrity, Dedicated to Excellence|
J. W. Mitchell High School (also called Mitchell or JWMHS), is a public high school in New Port Richey, Florida, located next to Seven Springs Middle School. Its current principal is Jessica Schultz. It is one of the largest schools in the Pasco County Schools district.
J. W. Mitchell High School opened at the start of the 2000-01 school year, designed to relieve overcrowding at River Ridge and Gulf High Schools. Its first graduating class was in 2002. The school is named for James Mitchell, a rancher, community leader and businessman. His wife Dorothy served on the school board for about 20 years.
This section does not cite any sources. (October 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Tina Tiede (2000-2004)
- Ric Mellin (2004-2009)
- Jim Michaels (2009-2016)
- Jessica Schultz (2016-present)
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for James W. Mitchell High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 14 September 2017.
- "Pasco Mitchell High School gets a new principal". Tampa Bay Times. Retrieved February 23, 2016.
- "School Detail for James W. Mitchell High School". National Center for Education Statistics.
- "4A final: Mitchell brings home Pasco County's first state crown in boys soccer". Tampa Bay Times. Retrieved February 23, 2016.
- "Mitchell High wins state championship". Tampa Bay Times. Retrieved February 23, 2016.