J. C. Tran
Tran in a World Series of Poker Circuit event, 2005
|Born||Justin Cuong Van Tran|
January 20, 1977 (age 42)
|World Series of Poker|
Main Event finish
|World Poker Tour|
Tran is a two-time World Series of Poker bracelet winner, a World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP) Main Event champion, has made eight World Poker Tour (WPT) final tables, winner of a WPT title, won at the World Poker Challenge and is the WPT Player of the Year of their fifth season. Tran was the chip leader coming into the final table of the 2013 WSOP Main Event November Nine. He ended up finishing in 5th place for $2,106,893 for the biggest cash of his career.
Tran was born in Vietnam, and is the youngest of eight children of Vietnamese parents. When he was two years old, his family moved to the United States, where he later received a degree in Business Management Information Systems from California State University at Sacramento.
Tran has finished in the money at numerous poker tournaments, finishing 5th at the 2004 World Poker Finals and on the television bubble of the 2004 L.A. Poker Classic and 2005 Borgata Poker Open. He also finished 5th in the 2006 L.A. Poker Classic. All of these events were televised on the World Poker Tour (WPT).
Tran has made 3 final tables in the World Series of Poker (WSOP) and cashed in the $10,000 no limit hold'em main event in both 2004 and 2005, finishing 117th both years. Tran also finished 2nd in a World Series of Poker circuit event, winning $251,920.
On March 2, 2007, Tran finished 2nd in the 2007 L.A. Poker Classic, winning $1,177,010. On March 28 he won his first WPT title, the World Poker Challenge, earning $683,473. He was also the World Poker Tour's Player of the Year.
Notable victories include:
- 2003 Heavenly Hold'em, $300 limit hold'em: $74,150
- 2005 Rio Las Vegas Poker Festival, $1,500 no limit hold'em: $97,470
- 2006 WCOOP Main event, $2,500 no limit hold'em: $670,000
On June 30, 2008 Tran won his first bracelet at the 2008 World Series of Poker in Event 49, $1,500 No Limit event besting a field of 2718. Tran took home $631,170 in winnings. In all, Tran cashed in 7 events at the 2008 WSOP, good for $896,392 in total winnings and a 6th-place finish in the 2008 WSOP Player of the Year.
In November 2008, Tran won The PartyPoker.com Premier League III by beating Tony G in heads-up play. Tran took home $300,000 for winning first place at the final table.
In June 2009, during the 40th Annual World Series of Poker, Tran won his second bracelet for winning the $2,500 Pot-limit Omaha event.
He has made the November 9 final table of the 2013 WSOP main event, where he started as chip leader but finished in 5th place.
Tran used all his poker knowledge and experience to overcome a short stack and with the major support of his friends and family, he won the latest WPT event held at the Thunder Valley Casino Resort on Mar 15–19, 2014.
As a result of his second WPT title, he became only the 20th player in history to win multiple WPT events. Overall, he cashed in almost $11 million while playing live tournament, according to Hendon Mob Database.
ALL IN Magazine 2007 Poker Player of the Year 
World Series of Poker Bracelets
|2008||$1,500 No Limit Hold'em||$631,170|
|2009||$2,500 Pot Limit Omaha||$235,685|
- "J.C. Tran". pokerpages.com. Archived from the original on April 23, 2008. Retrieved April 24, 2008. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Butt, Robert. "Justin Cuong Van Tran – Results". The Hendon Mob. Retrieved April 24, 2008.
- "JC Tran". worldpokertour.com. Archived from the original on April 6, 2008. Retrieved April 24, 2008. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Hintze, Haley (October 2, 2008). "WCOOP #18, $2,500 NL Hold'em: J.C. Tran Captures Title in Main Event". PokerNews.com. Retrieved April 24, 2008.
- Pojo. "Congratulations to J.C. Tran – Champion of Event #49 ($631,170)". Pokernews.com. Retrieved June 30, 2008.
- 2008 World Series of Poker Player of the Year Standings, worldseriesofpoker.com
- Butt, Robert. "Justin Cuong Van Tran – Stats". The Hendon Mob. Retrieved April 24, 2008.
- World Series of Poker Earnings Archived October 30, 2009, at the Wayback Machine, worldseriesofpoker.com
- "j c tran wins wpt rolling thunder - pokerupdate.com". www.pokerupdate.com. Retrieved April 19, 2018.
- "Justin Cuong Van Tran's profile on The Hendon Mob". The Hendon Mob Poker Database. Retrieved April 19, 2018.
- Poker Player of the Year: J.C. Tran[permanent dead link]