J. J. Blair
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (June 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
J. J. Blair
|Born||October 15, 1969|
|Occupation(s)||Engineer, producer, musician|
|Associated acts||Johnny Cash, June Carter Cash, Rod Stewart, The Who, George Benson, Stephen Bishop|
J. J. Blair is a musical engineer, producer and musician who has worked with such artists as Johnny Cash, June Carter Cash, Rod Stewart and The Who. Blair produced and engineered June Carter Cash's 1999 Grammy Award-winning album "Press On". Blair was an engineer on Johnny Cash's 2005 box set The Legend and all of the first three Great American Songbook albums by Rod Stewart. Blair has also engineered songs for many artists, including Weezer, George Benson, Smokey Robinson, Unwritten Law, Lee Dewyze, Kelly Clarkson, P. Diddy, The Black Eyed Peas, Ryan Adams, Bird York, Stephen Bishop, David Cassidy, Melissa Etheridge and others.
Blair also played keyboards for The Who for one concert on November 8, 2006 in San Jose, California. Blair filled in for that concert for Brian Kehew, who had been filling in for regular keyboardist for The Who, John "Rabbit" Bundrick, who was away from the band to be with his ailing wife. Soundtrack credits include "Special Friend," written and produced with Bird York for the Magnolia Pictures feature Dumbstruck".
- Encore Series 2006 [November 8] (2006)
- "PSW Recording Forums: User Information J.J. Blair". Recforums.prosoundweb.com. Archived from the original on June 22, 2010. Retrieved June 9, 2010.
- "Manley Labs rebate program celebrates 25 years of tube recording gear". keyboardmag.com.
- "J.J. Blair on MSN Music". Music.msn.com. Archived from the original on June 14, 2012. Retrieved June 9, 2010.
- "J.J. Blair joins the Amphion family". www.amphion.fi.
- "Working Class Audio Session #096 with J.J. Blair!!!". www.workingclassaudio.com.
- "June Carter Cash "Presses On" With Small Hairy Dog Release". www.billboard.com.
- "Pete Townshend's Home Studio Instruments". www.thewho.net.
- "Nov. 8, 2006 – J.J. plays with the Who". Blogs.myspace.com. Archived from the original on February 7, 2009. Retrieved June 9, 2010.
- Selvin, Joel (November 9, 2006). "Who caught between forging ahead, debts to past". Sfgate.com. Retrieved June 9, 2010.
- Klemens Jaeger. "Concert Detail: San Jose, CA, Wed, 08 November 2006". Thewholive.de. Archived from the original on July 19, 2011. Retrieved June 9, 2010.
- "Song Credits". soundtrack.net.