J. J. Connolly
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (July 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
His first novel, Layer Cake, was first published in 2000 by Duckworth Press. The book takes place in nineties London and is narrated by an unnamed, 29-year-old drug dealer ("If you knew my name, you'd be as clever as me") who plans on leaving the crime game behind at the age of thirty to live life as "a gentleman of leisure." His retirement plan, however, is made complicated by a large shipment of stolen Ecstasy, the German neo-Nazis who want it back and revenge on anyone they hold responsible for the theft, the unpredictable and often outrageous personalities of his friends, and his boss, kingpin Jimmy Price, who has charged him with the task of recovering the missing daughter of a wealthy socialite.
His second novel, Viva La Madness was published in 2011, and resumes after the first, in which only two characters remain: the unnamed narrator and his partner in crime, Mister Mortimer, AKA Morty. It begins in the Caribbean with Morty attempting to recruit the reluctant narrator back to London and the crime business as a super-salesman and closer for a UK syndicate.
- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0375912/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm. Missing or empty
- http://www.ducknet.co.uk/general/title.php?titleissue_id=82&search_term=layer%20cake&search_sections=1. Missing or empty
- http://www.ducknet.co.uk/general/title.php?titleissue_id=583&search_term=layer%20cake&search_sections=1. Missing or empty
- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0375912/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv. Missing or empty
- http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/jason-statham-eyes-jj-connollys-layer-cake-followup-viva-la-madness/. Missing or empty
|This article about an English writer, poet or playwright is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|