J. J. Koval
Koval in 2014
|Full name||Jeffrey Koval, Jr.|
|Date of birth||May 19, 1992|
|Place of birth||Westlake Village, California, United States|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive Midfielder|
|2007–2010||Real So Cal|
|2013||Ventura County Fusion||3||(0)|
|2014–2015||San Jose Earthquakes||37||(0)|
|2014||→ Sacramento Republic (loan)||2||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of December 21, 2016.
Youth and College
Koval played youth soccer for Real So Cal in his local area before signing a National Letter of Intent to play for Stanford Cardinal. For Stanford, Koval was a regular starter all four years for the program as a holding midfielder, appearing in all of Stanford's 74 games during that span, starting 73 of them.
Koval was drafted ninth overall in the 2014 MLS SuperDraft by the San Jose Earthquakes. He subsequently signed a contract. On March 11, 2014, Koval made his professional debut for the Earthquakes in a CONCACAF Champions League match against Toluca, coming on for Jason Hernandez in the 73rd minute.
Koval was released by San Jose on February 27, 2016.
Koval is married.
- "JJ Koval Biography". GoStanford.com. Retrieved March 12, 2014.
- "San Jose Earthquakes v Toluca recap". MLSSoccer.com. Retrieved March 12, 2014.
- "Earthquakes Waive Midfielder JJ Koval". February 27, 2016.
- Ralph, Eddie (December 21, 2016). "SACRAMENTO REPUBLIC FC MIDFIELDER JJ KOVAL ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT". Retrieved December 21, 2016.
- Paterson, Bill (July 2, 2016). "Republic FC players set aside day jobs to play under lights". The Sacramento Bee. Sacramento, California. Retrieved July 22, 2016.
|This biographical article related to an American soccer midfielder is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|