J. R. Patton
|J. R. Patton|
September 12, 1983 |
Las Cruces, New Mexico, U.S.
|Awards||2003 NASCAR Featherlite Southwest Tour Rookie of the Year|
|NASCAR Camping World Truck Series career|
|7 races run over 1 year|
|Best finish||35th (2004)|
|First race||2004 Las Vegas 350 (Las Vegas)|
|Last race||2004 Ford 200 (Homestead)|
|Statistics current as of March 26, 2014.|
J. R. Patton (born September 12, 1983 in Las Cruces, New Mexico) is an American stock car racing driver. He has competed in NASCAR competition in the Featherlite Southwest Tour and the Craftsman Truck Series.
Educated at New Mexico State University, where he majored in business marketing, and a member of the Zia people, Patton won the Rookie of the Year award in 2003 in the NASCAR Featherlite Southwest Tour.
Patton made seven starts late in the 2004 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series season for Fiddleback Racing. In his debut, Patton ran a second Fiddleback truck (#66) to a fifteenth-place finish at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Patton drove for the rest of 2004, but the 15th at Vegas would prove to be Patton's best. He also finished all but one of his starts.
Motorsports career results
(key) (Bold - Pole position awarded by qualifying time. Italics - Pole position earned by points standings or practice time. * – Most laps led.)
Craftsman Truck Series
|NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series results|
- "Press Snoop: Edwards takes flight for Vegas trucks". Crash.net. Bicester, Oxford, England: Crash Media Group. September 26, 2004. Retrieved 2014-03-26.
- "2003 Featherlite Southwest Series Rookie of the Year eyes inaugural Autozone Southwest Series crown". RacingWest. January 15, 2004. Retrieved 2014-03-26.
- Adamczyk, Jay (September 23, 2004). "Patton to drive for Fiddle Back at Vegas". Jayski's Silly Season Site. ESPN. Retrieved 2014-03-26.
- "J R Patton". NASCAR. Retrieved 2010-04-01.
- J. R. Patton driver statistics at Racing-Reference
|This biographical article related to NASCAR is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|