J. R. R. Tolkien, A Descriptive Bibliography
|Author||Wayne G. Hammond and Douglas A. Anderson|
|Published||January 1, 1993|
|Publisher||St. Paul's Bibliographies (first edition), Oak Knoll Press (second edition)|
J.R.R. Tolkien, A Descriptive Biography is a work by Douglas A. Anderson and Wayne G. Hammond that is a complete bibliography of the publications of J. R. R. Tolkien. It has a foreword by Rayner Unwin.
The book subdivides the works of Tolkien into the following sections:
- Books by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Books edited, translated, or with contributions by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Contributions to Periodicals
- Published Letters and Excerpts
- Art by J.R.R.Tolkien
A review for the Bibliographical Society of America by Barbara A. Brannon calls it "an essential guide" for scholarship. The Tolkien Library says that "Anyone willing to collect books by Tolkien simply must have this book". The book was also the winner of the Mythopoeic Society's scholarship award for Inkling studies in 1994.
- G., Hammond, Wayne (1993). J.R.R. Tolkien : a descriptive bibliography. Anderson, Douglas A. (Douglas Allen), 1959-. Winchester. ISBN 1873040113. OCLC 27013976.
- Brannon, Barbara. "Review of J.R.R. Tolkien, A Descriptive Bibliography". The Papers of the Bibliographical Society of America. 87:3: 391–392. doi:10.1086/pbsa.87.3.24304402.
- Collier, Pieter. "Tolkien Bibliography: review: 1993 - Wayne G. Hammond, Douglas A. Anderson - J.R.R. Tolkien a descriptive bibliography". www.tolkienlibrary.com. Retrieved 2018-05-06.
- "The Mythopoeic Society: Mythopoeic Award Winners". www.mythsoc.org. Retrieved 2018-05-06.