J. Randy Taraborrelli
Taraborrelli is an author known for biographies of contemporary entertainers and political figures. He also regularly appears on television as an entertainment news reporter on programs such as Entertainment Tonight, Good Morning America, Today and CBS This Morning. Taraborrelli resides in Los Angeles, California.
||This section needs to be updated. (May 2016)|
Taraborrelli, who has written nineteen biographies (including updated and expanded editions), has had fourteen of them appear on the New York Times best seller list, the most recent of which was 2014's The Hiltons - The True Story of an American Dynasty. His first best seller was Call Her Miss Ross in 1989. His 2009 biography of Marilyn Monroe - The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe - made a re-appearance on the e-books best-seller list at number two in the summer of 2012.
In November 2012, it was announced that Reelz cable channel had optioned Taraborrelli's New York Times best-selling book, After Camelot, as a miniseries. It will be his second television miniseries, the first airing on NBC in 2000 and based on his book, Jackie, Ethel, Joan.
J. Randy Taraborrelli is known as the foremost authority on Michael Jackson's life thanks to his best-selling book, "Michael Jackson - The Magic and the Madness." Working for CBS News, he covered Jackson's trial in Santa Maria in 2005 and was the only reporter from the network in the courtroom when Jackson was exonerated of all charges. He also co-anchored Jackson's funeral with Katie Couric for the network in 2009.
In 2015, Susan Sarandon, Kelli Garner and Jeffrey Dean Morgan starred in the miniseries adaptation of his book, "The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe" for Lifetime. Also, it was announced that Katie Holmes would star in "After Camelot," as Jackie Kennedy Onassis in miniseries for ReelzTV based on Taraborrelli's book of the same name. She is also slated to direct one of the four hours. Additionally, Matthew Perry was cast to co-star with Holmes in the role of "Ted Kennedy." Principal photography began in May 2016. The miniseries will air in Spring, 2017.
Through his newly formed J. Randy Taraborrelli Productions, Taraborrelli is currently developing and producing a number of television projects. He is an Executive Producer on "After Camelot."
Taraborrelli's next book is slated to be biography of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis; her mother, Janet Auchincloss and her sister, Lee Radziwill, for St. Martin's Press. To be published in 2017, it will be the author's twentieth book.
- Diana: A Celebration of the Life and Career of Diana Ross (1985)
- Cher – A Biography (1986; updated in 1992)
- Motown: Hot Wax, City Cool and Solid Gold (1986; updated in 1988)
- Laughing Till It Hurts – The Complete Life and Career of Carol Burnett (1988)
- Call Her Miss Ross (1989; updated in 2007 as Diana Ross – A Biography)
- Michael Jackson – The Magic and the Madness (1991; updated in 2003 and 2004. In 2009, the book was updated as Michael Jackson – The Magic, the Madness, the Whole Story)
- Sinatra – Behind the Legend (1997; updated in 1998 and 2015)
- Jackie, Ethel and Joan: Women of Camelot (2000)
- Madonna – An Intimate Biography (2001; updated in 2002 & 2007)
- Once Upon a Time: Behind the Fairytale of Princess Grace and Prince Rainier (2003)
- Elizabeth (2006)
- The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe (2009)
- Michael Jackson - The Magic, The Madness, The Whole Story" (2009)
- After Camelot: A Personal History of the Kennedy Family - 1968 to Present (2012)
- The Hiltons: The True Story of an American Dynasty (2014)
- Sinatra - Behind The Legend (rewritten and updated) (2015)
- Becoming Beyoncé - The Untold Story (2015)
- Jackie, Janet & Lee (2017)