J. T. Thomas (linebacker)
|No. 55 New York Giants|
|Date of birth:||August 15, 1988|
|Place of birth:||Fort Lauderdale, Florida|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||236 lb (107 kg)|
|High school:||Pompano Beach (FL) Ely|
|NFL Draft:||2011 / Round: 6 / Pick: 195|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2016|
J.T. Thomas III (born August 15, 1988) is an American football linebacker for the New York Giants of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Chicago Bears in the sixth round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He played college football at West Virginia.
On July 27, 2011, the Bears signed Thomas to a 4-year contract. Thomas was eventually placed on injured reserve due to a hip problem. In the 2012 season opener against the Indianapolis Colts, Thomas forced LaVon Brazill to fumble, and Kelvin Hayden recovered the loose ball.
On August 31, 2013, Thomas was among the final cuts by the Bears.
New York Giants
Thomas has a brother named Jared who has autism. Thomas is a member of Omega Psi Phi fraternity and was initiated through the Nu Zeta chapter at WVU. Thomas attended Blanche Ely High School, where he was teammates with Patrick Peterson.
He gained some national media attention for taking a disabled eighth grade girl in Morgantown, West Virginia to her 8th grade dance on Friday, May 20, 2011. He received more national attention after he gave a 14-year-old boy with epilepsy tickets to Super Bowl XLVI, with Thomas also attending the game.
- Mayer, Larry. "Jennings plays takeaway in Bears victory". Chicagobears.com. Retrieved 2012-09-10.
- Biggs, Brad (2013-08-31). "Bears waive LB Thomas to reach roster limit". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2013-08-31.
- Stites, Adam (2013-09-01). "Jaguars claim LB J.T. Thomas, according to report". SB Nation. Retrieved 2013-09-23.
- Schefter, Adam. "Former Jaguars LB JT Thomas reached agreement with Giants". Twitter. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- Eisen, Michael (March 11, 2015). "Giants sign RB Shane Vereen; announce Free Agent signings". Giants.com. Retrieved March 12, 2015.
- "Giants sign 2 players after LB J.T. Thomas and long snapper Danny Aiken head to injured reserve". NJ.com. Retrieved 2016-01-01.
- "Giants place LB J.T. Thomas on IR".
- "Thomas arrested in West Virginia". Chicagobears.com. 2012-02-13. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- "Bears draft pick makes 8th-grader's day". Articles.chicagotribune.com. 2011-05-21. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- Wright, Michael C. "Thomas makes fan's dream come true". Espn.go.com. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- Jemele Hill (2012-02-07). "Chicago Bears linebacker J.T. Thomas gives the life-changing gift of a Super Bowl - ESPN". Espn.go.com. Retrieved 2012-08-04.