J. Welles Wilder Jr.
J. Welles Wilder Jr. (Born in 1930s ) is an American mechanical engineer, turned real estate developer, turned technical analyst, best known for his work in technical analysis. Wilder is the father of several technical indicators that are now considered to be core indicators in technical analysis software. These include Average True Range, the Relative Strength Index (RSI), Average Directional Index, and the Parabolic SAR.
- Forbes Magazine (October, '80) singled out Mr. Wilder as "the premier technical trader publishing his work today."
- Barron's (July '84) stated that: "In 1978, the basis of mathematical analysis was expanded when J. Welles Wilder, Jr. published New Concepts in Technical Trading Systems.
- Financial World (July '85) said that, "Over the years, Wilder has developed more accurate commodity trading systems and concepts than any other expert."
Famous Quotes
- "Letting your emotions override your plan or system is the biggest cause of failure."
- "Some traders are born with an innate discipline. Most have to learn it the hard way."
- "If you can't deal with emotion, get out of trading."
- Wilder, J. Welles (June 1978). New Concepts in Technical Trading Systems. Trend Research. ISBN 978-0-89459-027-6.
- The Best Business in the World: Welles Wilder - father of RSI & SAR
- Surviving the Test of Time: J. Welles Wilder
|This article about a United States engineer, inventor or industrial designer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|