JANAF Shopping Center
|Address||Intersection of Virginia Beach Boulevard & Military Highway|
Leasing managed by S.L. Nusbaum Realty
|No. of stores and services||147|
|No. of anchor tenants||5 [infobox 1]|
|Total retail floor area||1,000,000 square feet (93,000 m2)|
|Public transit access||Virginia Beach & Military
HRT Bus Route 20
The JANAF Shopping Yard, commonly known as JANAF, is one of the first large suburban shopping centers in the United States and the oldest shopping center in Norfolk. Located in Norfolk, Virginia, its name is an acronym for Joint Army Navy Air Force which refers to the original investment group that was composed of retired and active duty military personnel.
JANAF was built at the north-east corner of Military Highway and Virginia Beach Boulevard on property which had formerly been used as an airfield. It currently sits across Virginia Beach Boulevard from The Gallery at Military Circle, an indoor mall built in the 1970s.
- JANAF Shopping Center
- Janaf General Cinema Movie Trailer
- Janaf branch library
- Janaf Leasing Information on Loop Net
- Pix of JANAF Cinema 8 on Theater History Website
- "JANAF Shopping Center|Largest regional shopping center| over 100 national,local clothing, shoe, specialty stores, restaurants, services". janafshopping.com. Archived from the original on July 7, 2016. Retrieved 2016-07-20.
- Delesline, Nate (July 18, 2016). "JANAF, one of the oldest retail districts in Hampton Roads, is up for sale". The Virginian Pilot. Retrieved 2016-07-20.
- "Iconic Power Shopping Center for Sale" (PDF) (Press release). CBRE Hampton Roads. Retrieved 2016-07-20.