|Genres||Dream pop, indie pop, alternative rock, surf pop, synthpop|
|Years active||2012- Present|
Jaws are an English indie pop band formed in Birmingham, England in 2012 after singer Connor Schofield had posted a demo (Cameron) online that received enough positive feedback to encourage him to start a band with friends from Halesowen College. They have often been identified as part of the Digbeth-based B-Town scene  and hotly tipped as ones to watch.
Jaws have published two EPs so far, and have also released four singles "Toucan Surf", "Surround You", "Friend Like You" and "Gold". The B side of "Surround You"—"Stay In" featuring on the Ubisoft game Rocksmith 2014. "Gold" was featured in an episode of Hollyoaks. They have toured with The Twang, Peace, Swim Deep, Spector as well as various support slots.
In December 2013 the band announced via their Facebook page that they would be recording a full studio album in 2014 partially funded by the PRS. In April their next single will be released called "Think Too Much, Feel Too Little".
In June 2014 the band announced the Debut album "Be Slowly" would be released on 15 September that year. The band announced over Twitter a tour in September, stopping at Birmingham, Newcastle, Glasgow and plenty more. Support acts being Fickle Friends, Milk Teeth and Brawlers.
On 27 April 2015, JAWS shared the standalone single "Bad Company" via Huw Stephens Radio 1 show.
Be Slowly (2014)
On 27 May 2014, the band announced their debut album "Be Slowly" set for release on 15 September. The title song "Be Slowly" was recorded & produced by Oliver Horton AKA Dreamtrak (Swim Deep, Foals, Cymbals) That day they also uploaded the title track to Soundcloud, as well as making the album available for pre-order.
|2012||"Toucan Surf" / "Donut"
|2012||"Surround You" / "Stay In"
|2013||"Friend Like You" / "Breeze"
|2014||"Think Too Much, Feel Too Little"
|2015||"What We Haven't Got Yet"
|2016||"Right In Front Of Me"
|2016||"Work It Out"
|2016||"Just A Boy"
- Connor Schofield – lead vocals, guitar (2012–present)
- Alex Hudson – guitars (2012–present)
- Eddy Geach – drums (2012–present)
- Jake Cooper – bass (2012–2015)
- Venture Mag interview with JAWS
- Venture Mag profile of JAWS
- Band profile on The Guardian
- JAWS twitter page
- JAWS Facebook page
- King, Alison (2012-10-13). "Forget Madchester, it's all about the B-Town scene". The Independent. Independent News and Media. Retrieved 2013-05-27.
- Wolfson, Sam (2012-12-07). "Peace, Swim Deep and Jaws bang the drum for Birmingham". The Guardian. The Guardian News and Media. Retrieved 2012-12-07.
- The song "Stay In" from their EP Milkshake is featured in the game Rocksmith 2014 where the guitar and bass part can be played by the player.
- Coughlan, Jamie. "JAWS Share Grungy New Track 'Bad Company'". Overblown Webzine. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
|This article on a United Kingdom pop music band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|