J.B.O. on the main stage at the 2005 Earthshaker-Festival
|Genres||Parody, Heavy metal|
|Members||Hannes "G. Laber" Holzmann |
Veit "Vito C." Kutzer
|Past members||Holmer "a Bier" Graap (1989-2000)|
J.B.O. (James Blast Orchester) is a heavy metal band from Erlangen, Germany. J.B.O. was founded in 1989 by Vito C. and Hannes "G.Laber" Holzmann and is known for parodies of rock and pop songs.The band has written more of its own songs since 2000, but continues to produce parodies, which they refer to as Blöedsinn – an intentional misspelling of "Blödsinn," which means "nonsense" or "stupidity" in German.
The Patrizier brewery of Nuremberg earlier threatened to sue J.B.O. for slander. The band have since changed references to "Patrizier Bräu" in their lyrics to "Pariser Bier" (Parisian beer).
'Schmitti' and Holmer "a Bier" Graap, two of the founder members, left the band in 2000. They were replaced in 2001 by Ralph Bach and Wolfram Kellner. Kellner previously played in Fiddler's Green, which is alluded to in the song "Arschloch und Spaß dabei" ('Asshole and enjoying it'): "man sagt sogar, dass Wolfram früher Folk-Musik g'macht hätt" ("They even say that Wolfram used to play folk music") .
The band celebrated its fifteenth birthday on July 31, 2004 with the slogan "30 Halbe!" ("30 halves" = 30 half-litre glasses of beer)
The band still tours, especially in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
"G. Laber" is a pun as it is pronounced the same as "Gelaber", the German for "drivel" or "twaddle".
- 1994: Eine gute CD zum Kaufen! (A good CD to buy!, Musical Tragedies/EFA)
- 1994: Eine gute CD zum Saufen! (A good CD to drink!, Musical Tragedies/EFA)
- 1994: BLASTphemie (Musical Tragedies/EFA)
- 1994: BLASTphemie Weihnachts-Edition (Musical Tragedies/EFA)
- 1995: Explizite Lyrik (Explicit lyrics, Musical Tragedies/EFA)
- 1996: No Business Like Shoebusiness (Doc Martens Records/EFA)
- 1996: Der weiße Hai im Dechsendorfer Weiher (The Great White shark in the Dechsendorfer Weiher, Musical Tragedies/EFA)
- 1996: Die Megra-Hit-Twingle (Musical Tragedies/EFA)
- 1997: Bolle (Lawine/BMG)
- 1997: laut! (loud!, Lawine/BMG)
- 1997: Wir sind die Champignons (We are the Mushrooms, Lawine/BMG)
- 1998: Ällabätsch (Lawine/BMG)
- 1998: Meister der Musik (Masters of music, Lawine/BMG)
- 1999: 10 Jahre Blödsinn - Das J.B.O. Home-Video (10 years of nonsense - The J.B.O. home video, Capriola/EFA)
- 2000: Ich sag' J.B.O. (I say J.B.O., Lawine/Virgin)
- 2000: Sex Sex Sex (Lawine/Virgin)
- 2001: Bums Bums Bums Bums (Lawine/Virgin)
- 2001: Live-Sex (Lawine/Virgin)
- 2002: Ich will Lärm (I want noise, Lawine/Virgin)
- 2002: Rosa Armee Fraktion (Pink Army Faction, a pun on Rote Armee Fraktion [Red Army Faction], Lawine/Virgin)
- 2004: Gänseblümchen (Sissy, Lawine/BMG)
- 2004: United States of Blöedsinn (United States of Nonsense, Lawine/BMG)
- 2005: Eine gute BLASTphemie zum Kaufen! (A good blastphemy to buy!, Musical Tragedies/EFA)
- 2005: TV Blöedsinn - DVD (TV nonsense, also a pun on German TV magazine TV Spielfilm, Lawine/SonyBMG)
- 2005: J.B.O. für Anfänger (J.B.O. for beginners, Best of-Compilation, Lawine/SonyBMG)
- 2006: Rock Muzik
- 2007: Head Bang Boing
- 2009: I Don't Like Metal - I Love It
- 2010: 2000 Jahre J.B.O.
- 2011: Killeralbum
- 2011: Happy Metal Thunder
- 2013: S.P.O.R.T
- 2014: Nur die Besten werden alt
- 2016: 11
- 2018: Deutsche Vita
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to J.B.O..|