A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||June 10, 1972|
Meijers was born in Delft, Netherlands. He, coming from a musical family, was taught from an early age to play several different instruments at his parents' home.
At age seventeen, Meijers signed a record deal with Virgin Records. He then joined Richard Janssen's post-Fatal Flowers band Shine with artists Marc De Reus, Marius Schrader, and Bart van Poppel. Based in Amsterdam's DDL studio, Meijers had his first opportunity to experiment with professional recording gear. He exclusively toured with Shine until 1995. At the same time, Meijers started working with electronic music wizard Eboman. Together, they won the 1996 Buma Cultuur Pop Award.
Meijers is also known for having written and arranged musicals for Stage Entertainment. It was through this company that he was able to work with Dutch superstar Ilse DeLange. They co-wrote a musical based on the book De Tweeling. The two kept in contact, and soon after, Meijers joined DeLange's band, The Common Linnets. He co-produced the band's first album, The Common Linnets. The band decided to participate in the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest and placed second in the finals with their single Calm After the Storm. Meijers won the 2014 Buma Cultuur Pop Award with The Common Linnets. Meijers is currently working with the band on their second album.
- "about - ESCarchiv". Escarchiv.jimdo.com. Retrieved November 17, 2016.
- "Pop Award goes to Armin van Buuren". Https:. Retrieved November 17, 2016.
- "Ilse DeLange en JB Meijers zetten carrière opzij voor Common Linnets". Nu.nl. Retrieved November 17, 2016.
- "Un-Common summer: Songwriter from Lexington hits European stages with Dutch star". Thestate.com. Retrieved November 17, 2016.
- "The Common Linnets - Calm After The Storm (The Netherlands 2014)". Eurovision.tv. Archived from the original on May 8, 2014. Retrieved November 17, 2016.
- "The Common Linnets winnaar Popprijs 2014 - Eurosonic Noorderslag". Https:. Retrieved November 18, 2016.
- "Go Back To The Zoo - Shake A Wave (CD, Album) at Discogs". Https:. Retrieved November 17, 2016.