Juan Camilo Gonzalez
1990 (age 28–29)
|Residence||Los Angeles, California U.S.|
|Education||Clements High School|
Juan Camilo Gonzalez, known professionally as JC Gonzalez, is a Colombian actor and singer-songwriter. His career began in 2009, when he participated in television commercials and advertisements in Texas. Gonzalez was also a candidate on Making Menudo, an MTV reality show for which they selected twenty-five bilingual male singers. Gonzalez has also made appearances in film and television, such as Parks and Recreation, Blue (web series) and Los Americans.
Gonzalez was born in Bogotá, Colombia in 1990. He has two younger siblings. Gonzalez was classified as a hyperactive child, and therefore earned the nickname of "terremoto" (Earthquake). Gonzalez and his family moved to Houston when he was seven years old so that his younger brother could receive medical treatment.
JC Gonzalez has been characterized by his impetus, as indicated by the portal 'Pantallazos de Noticias' , where they claim that they have been traits of the personality of his maternal grandmother 'Cándida Rueda' , known for being the manager of Hotel San Carlos in Barrancabermeja, (Santander, Colombia)
The artist has also made it known through several interviews that one of his engines is his brother Daniel, who has largely overcome a strange disease called Arthrogryposis Multiplex Congenita (AMC), and has taught him that without effort there is no reward, from there, says the singer, his discipline comes.
Gonzalez has recorded original material as well as a remix of the song "El Perdón" by Enrique Iglesias and Nicky Jam. As of 2016, Gonzalez was preparing his debut solo album, titled AwakIn, which is set to feature songs in English and Spanish with a mix of Latin rhythms and American rap and pop.
Television and cinema
Gonzalez began his acting career in television commercials in Texas. After graduating from high school, Gonzalez moved to Los Angeles where he began working in commercials and television series. He has done television commercials for Ford, Honda, and AT&T.
In January 2007, Gonzalez auditioned for Making Menudo in Los Angeles. He did not make the cut, and so he began dance lessons and auditioned again in Dallas. In Dallas, he was selected by the Puerto rican singer Luis Fonsi and the radio announcer Daniel Luna as one of the twenty-five participants who would go to New York City where they were filmed in the Road to Menudo series.
[ Finally in 2007, for the same Making Menudo project Gonzalez was selected to be part of the jury of the new version of the Latino boy band Menudo. The band would be a fusion of urban, pop and rock music in English and Spanish to produce several albums with the label of Sony BMG Epic Records. Several auditions were held in different cities such as Los Angeles, Dallas, Miami, New York City, among others. Gonzalez was a part of the Dallas competition where along the side of radio announcer Daniel Luna they chose varies contestants and in their pickings, Gonzalez was 1 of the 25 selected.
Gonzalez, during his acting career participated in the web series Los Americans (2011), which is characterized by having a multigenerational focus, a middle-class family living in Los Angeles. During the series, he participated with Esai Morales, Lupe Ontiveros, Tony Plana, Raymond Cruz, Yvonne DeLaRosa, and Ana Villafañe. In 2009, Gonzalez appeared in the Parks and Recreation episode Sister City as Jhonny, a Venezuelan intern.
In 2010, Gonzalez played the lead role in the video for Kaya Rosenthal (Can't Get You Out of My Mind). Gonzalez has also appeared in Locked Up Abroad, Hard Times, How to Rock, and Parenthood. In 2010, Gonzalez played a role on Victorious in the episode (Survival of the Hottest).
In Banged Up Abroad, JC Gonzalez appeared as Lia McCord's brother, who was arrested at the Bangladesh Airport for trafficking narcotics.
In 2012, Gonzalez played the character of a Football Player Bully in the episode How to Rock a Newscast of the American teen sitcom How to Rock that ran on Nickelodeon from February 4 to December 8, 2012.
During 2015 and 2018 Gonzalez's notable works included the role of "Jake" in episode "Blue Christmas" of American television series NCIS: New Orleans , role of "Kyle" in American procedural drama television series 9-1-1 (TV series) and an appearance as "DJ Diego Spiz" in Amazon Studios's American legal drama web television Goliath (TV series).
Gonzalez starred in Los Americans, an Internet series that was launched in May 2011. In 2013, Gonzalez appeared in the web series Blue. Gonzalez has also worked on other web series, including Ragdolls in 2013. In 2015, Gonzalez took on the role of Jake in the NCIS: New Orleans program, in the episode Blue Christmas.
"Safe Passage" this song was sang by JC Gonzalez for the thrive Integrative wellness and women of watts and beyond, in California, USA. He sang it in Gatherings and festivals which supports those who have survived and fighters of domestic violence. He wants to be the voice of these people who are undergoing, or underwent any domestic violence and survived, also for the fighters who are still facing it, moreover it's an awareness against domestic violence. JC Gonzalez performed his song "Safe Passage" live on stage, The purpose of this song is to deliver a message to all people, especially those who are subjected to a domestic violence that they are not alone. Furthermore, JC also supported non-profit organization that fights prostate cancer, as it had been suffered by his father. He also joined other voluntary organization which spread awareness to fight cancer. JC feels the pain of these people because he had experienced it with his father and brother. From a young age, JC joined associations, and participated in events to help children with similar conditions as his brother Daniel since 2001 at Shriners Hospital for Children (Houston) he volunteered in different projects, supporting them with his musical projects in Texas and California in the aim of collecting funds for serving different social aims. this shows that he was not only Helping his family , brother and father, he was also trying his best to help everyone his help could reach to. JC's Support for people will never end, He will always be the voice for the voiceless.
Film and Video
|2009||Second Coming||Police officer (as Juan Camilo)||Video|
|2012||Slumber Party Slaughter||Randy||Film|
|2015||Hot Flash: The Chronicles of Lara Tate – Menopausal Superhero||Cock Block||Film|
|2017||More Than Enough (Original title: Good After Bad)||Collin||Film by Director: Anne-Marie Hess|
|2007||Making Menudo||JC||MTV Reality Show|
|2008||Locked Up Abroad||Eliadah "Lia" McCord brother||Episode: Bangladesh National Geographic Channel|
|2009||Parks and Recreation||Jhonny||Episode: "Sister City"|
|2010||The Hard Times of RJ Berger TV Series||dancer with knife||Episode The Berger Cometh|
|2010||Victorious||Ben||Episode: Survival of the Hottest|
|2010||Parenthood||Fraternity young man||Episode: Orange Alert|
|2011||Big Time Rush||Costart||Episode: Big Time Strike|
|2012||How to Rock||Football Player Bully||Episode: How to Rock a Newscast, TV Series|
|2013||RagDolls||Mateo||Episodes: Bésame Mucho; The Sexy Bra; Undercover Date Agent; The Pot Shop|
|2014||I Didn't Do It||Mike||Episode: Lindy Nose Best|
|2015||NCIS: New Orleans||Jake||Episode: "Blue Christmas"|
|2018||9-1-1 (TV series)||Kyle||Tv Series|
|2018||Goliath (TV series)||DJ Diego Spiz||Tv Series|
|2009||Love Fifteen||Cindy Lee's son||Cindy Lee (Paola Turbay)|
|2011||Los Americans by Dennis E. Leoni||Paul Valenzuela||Episodes: Going to Mexico; The Truth Hurts; Secrets; Lead Us Not Unto Temptation; Family Heirloom; The Legacy; Fish and House Guests; Happy Birthday|
|2013||Blue (web series)||Harry||Episode: What Kind of a Name Is Blue? by Rodrigo Garcia|
|Honda Fit (English/Spanish)||Principal||National|
|Jack in the Box (Spanish)||Principal||National|
|Houston Community College Institutional Commercial||Principal||Regional|
|Hasbro Nerf Vulcan||Principal||Regional|
|Academy Sports + Outdoors||Principal||Regional|
|Houston Community College||Principal||Regional (Institutional)|
|National Car Rental||Principal||Online|
|E.E.U.U R&B||E.E.U.U Rap|
|2015||Equation of Love||—||—||Equation of Love – Single|
|2015||Quiet Game||—||—||Quiet Game – Single|
|2015||Zoom||—||—||Zoom – Single|
|2016||Let me be me||—||—||2moonS|
- "Colombiano Rumbo a Menudo" El Tiempo newspaper, Revista Carrusel http://www.eltiempo.com/carrusel published on November 2007. Retrieved February 16, 2016
- "From Breakbeats to Heartbreaks" in US Weekly http://www.usmagazine.com published in October 29, 2007 accessed in February 18, 2016
- Gonzalez, Juan Camilo (August 23, 2018). "Bio-JC Gonzalez". Retrieved August 23, 2018.
- Romero Salamanca, Guillermo (January 10, 2018). "JC Gonzalez: una creciente carrera en el canto". Pantallazos. Retrieved January 17, 2018.
- Laura Rojas (July 22, 2013). "JC alterna con estrellas de Hollywood". Gente de Cañaveral. Retrieved February 11, 2018.
- Munoz, Constanza (May 15, 2013). "Entre los latinos con mayor potencial en la actuación". Cipres de Colombia. p. 17. Retrieved March 10, 2016.
- "JC Gonzalez in Famous Alumni Clements High School (Sugar Land, TX) | PeopleMaven". PeopleMaven. Retrieved August 23, 2018.
- Joey Guerra (November 13, 2007). "Menudo recipe features Sugar Land teen JC Gonzalez". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved January 18, 2018.
- Portal: Pantallazos de Noticias, "Hotel San Carlos:50 años de pujanza santandereana" http://www.pantallazosnoticias.com.co/news/depunjazasantandreana/, published: May 5, 2018. Retrieved June 17, 2018
- Portal: Pantallazos, Every Day Challenge to Life: no pain no gain, http://www.pantallazosnoticias.com.co/news/todos-los-dias-reto-a-la-vida-sin-dolor-no-hay-ganancia/, published: October 9, 2018. Retrieved January 2019
- "Colmundo Radio Interview". Radio (in Spanish). June 28, 2018. Retrieved August 23, 2018.[non-primary source needed][non-primary source needed][non-primary source needed]
- "JC Gonzalez, Un Latino Denominado "El Lord De La Música POP"" (in Spanish). May 21, 2018. Retrieved August 23, 2018.
- "JC GONZÁLEZ, EL CANTANTE COLOMBIANO QUE CONQUISTA CALIFORNIA" by Vilma Nieto published February 13, 2019. Retrieved February 14, 2019
- "Música "Cantar en inglés y español es como tener una espada con doble filo: JC Gonzalez"". Arameo, Prensa & Comunicación (in Spanish). Retrieved August 23, 2018.
- "JC Gonzalez de actor a cantautor consagrado en Estados Unidos" by Juan Jose Fonseca published January 25, 2016. Retrieved January 18, 2018
- Ardila, Euclides Kilo (March 28, 2016). "JC Gonzalez brilla con su talento en Estados Unidos". Vanguardia Liberal. Retrieved March 29, 2016.
- Mingo Banda (February 23, 2016). "JC Gonzalez, forjador de su propio exito". Semana News. Archived from the original on July 6, 2017. Retrieved January 18, 2018.
- "The making of the new Menudo". Los Angeles Times.
- Maria Ashraf (March 6, 2019). "JC GONZALEZ "THE LORD OF POP MUSIC"". spread your wings. Retrieved March 7, 2019.
- Gurza, Agustin (April 15, 2007). "Remaking the band: MTV revives Menudo". The Seattle Times. Retrieved January 12, 2016.
- Joey Guerra. "Three big helpings of Menudo, with a twist". The Houston Chronicle. Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- "Survival of the cutest" http://www.peopleenespanol.com Published December 2007/ January 2008 consulted February 18, 2016
- "JC Gonzalez: La música, como un diario infinito | ELESPECTADOR.COM". "elespectador.com" (in Spanish). June 20, 2018. Retrieved August 23, 2018.
- Estela Monterrosa (March 21, 2018). "JC Gonzalez es profeta en USA y pronto en Colombia". La Chachara (in Spanish). Retrieved August 23, 2018.
- Romero, Guillermo (November 28, 2017). "JC Gonzalez es un cantante". Viajar International Magazine. Retrieved December 13, 2017.
- "JC Gonzalez compositor y cantante colombiano triunfando en Estados Unidos". La Vibrante. September 30, 2019. Retrieved October 1, 2019.
- Singh, Ruchi (December 10, 2015) 'NCIS: New Orleans' Season 2 spoilers: The 'NCIS' team investigates a series of burglaries during Christmas. Retrieved January 12, 2016.
- eesparza (August 12, 2012). ""Los Americans": Imagen 2012 Best Drama Web Series Winner!". Latin Heat. Retrieved February 11, 2018.
- Survivors Of Domestic Violence Speak Out, Sing Out In Van Nuys, CBS Los Angeles News. https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/video/3677371-survivors-of-domestic-violence-speak-out-sing-out-in-van-nuys/ published in June 03, 2017. Retrieved October 27, 2018
- "Slumber Party Slaughter (2012) – Rebekah Chaney | Synopsis, Characteristics, Moods, Themes and Related | AllMovie". AllMovie. Retrieved August 23, 2018.
- "Menudo Inexplicably Making A Comeback on MTV". CINEMABLEND. October 4, 2007. Retrieved August 23, 2018.
- Fowler, Matt (October 16, 2009). "Parks and Recreation: "Sister City" Review". WebCite. Retrieved January 23, 2010.
- McCandless, Eric (August 9, 2014). "JC Gonzalez". TeenInfoNet. Serenity New. Retrieved April 20, 2016.
- Official website of JC Gonzalez in English, French and Spanish.
- JC Gonzalez on IMDb
- JC Gonzalez on Instagram
- JC Gonzalez on Twitter
- JC Gonzalez on Facebook
- JC Gonzalez on SoundCloud
- JC Gonzalez in TV.com
- JCgonzalez in Musica.com
- JC Gonzalez in ColArte - Biblioteca Virtual del Arte en Colombia
- JC Gonzalez in YouTube
- JC Gonzalez in MySpace
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to JC Gonzalez.|