|Industry||Supply chain management, manufacturing planning, retail planning and operations|
|Founder||James Donald Armstrong and Frederick M. Pakis|
|Headquarters||Scottsdale, Arizona, United States|
(Chief Executive Officer)
JDA Software Group, Inc. is an American software and consultancy company (owned by New Mountain Capital), providing supply chain management, manufacturing planning, retail planning, store operations and collaborative category management solutions headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona. The company has more than 4,000 companies as customers in the manufacturing, distribution, transportation, retail and services industries. Subsidiary companies include RedPrairie, i2 Technologies, Manugistics, E3, Intactix, and Arthur.
James Donald Armstrong in 1983, founded JDA in Calgary, Alberta as a Canadian IBM mid-range software provider. In 1985 Armstrong sold the Canadian business and, along with Frederick M. Pakis, formed U.S.-based JDA Software, Inc. in Cleveland, Ohio. After signing a contract with a Phoenix-based automotive retailer in 1987, all eight JDA employees relocated to the new headquarters in Arizona. After ten years of operation as a privately held firm, JDA became a public corporation on March 15, 1996, re-purchased the original Canadian "JDA" company, and reestablished presence in Canada. In 1998, JDA completed their first major acquisition, the Arthur Retail division, a vendor of planning and allocation software.
In April 2000 the company announced the acquisition of Intactix division, a provider space management software for retailers, suppliers and manufacturers with more than 3,000 customers. In September 2001, JDA acquired E3 Corporation, adding 500 customers in retail and wholesale-distribution in 20 countries. JDA acquired Manugistics in July 2006, expanding their product line with supply management, demand management and pricing, and transportation and logistics applications.
On November 5, 2009, JDA announced its intent to acquire i2 Technologies, a Dallas-based provider of Supply Chain Solutions. The acquisition was completed in January 2010. In June 2010, Dillard's Department Stores won a $246 million judgment against i2, claiming damages from use of two supply chain management systems. JDA announced efforts to reduce or reverse this judgment, noting Dillard's still uses the software in question and has done so since 2000.
On December 21, 2012 New Mountain Capital, a leading Private Equity firm, which already owned RedPrairie, one of the two leading global providers of Warehouse Management Systems software, headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, in the United States, bought and took JDA Software private for $1.9 billion.
On April 2, 2013, JDA announced the release of JDA eight, a cloud-based version of its flagship supply chain software product. JDA claims that its software is the first and only platform that connects critical supply chain functions from forecasting to transportation with built in business analytics.
On October 28, 2014, JDA unveiled a new brand identity and logo for JDA featuring the tagline “Plan to deliver™."
On May 4, 2016, Veras Retail completed the acquisition of three software solutions that had been idled by JDA: JDA Win/DSS, JDA CRM, and JDA Store. The CRM is now called Veras Reach, and the POS Veras Checkout
On August 8, 2016, JDA was reported to be exploring to sell the company to Honeywell International Inc. The sale was challenged on August 16, 2016 by The Blackstone Group, giving an alternative option to JDA by offering a financing plan.
On January 30, 2017, JDA's Bal Dail passes CEO to Girish Rishi.
- Acquired by New Mountain Capital and merged with RedPrairie – completed on December 21, 2012
- i2 Technologies - acquired on January 28, 2010
- Manugistics - acquired in year 2006
- Arthur Retail
- E3 Corporation
- "JDA Software - Company Overview - Hoover's". Hoover's, Inc.
- "About Us". jda.com.
- "JDA Software Review". Supply-Chain-Software.net.
- "JDA Software to Acquire Pricer AB's Intactix Subsidiary to Expand Product Suite with Space Planning Solution. - Free Online Library". The Free Library.
- "JDA Software acquires Intactix - Phoenix Business Journal:". Phoenix Business Journal. April 7, 2000.
- "Supply Chain Software: Manugistics Acquired by JDA". SupplyChainDigest.
- "JDA Software Acquires E3, World’s Leading Provider of Inventory Optimization Solutions". InternetRetailer.
- "JDA Software set to buy i2 Technologies --again". Phoenix Business Journal. November 5, 2009.
- "RedPrairie to Buy JDA Software for .9 Billion". The New York Times. November 1, 2012.
- "Veras Retail to Acquire and Extend JDA Point of Sale Solutions".
- "Exclusive: Honeywell explores acquisition of JDA Software - sources". Reuters. Reuters. Retrieved 18 August 2016.
- "Exclusive: Blackstone challenges Honeywell with JDA financing plan - sources". Reuters. Reuters. Retrieved 18 August 2016.
- "JDA’s Bal Dail Passes CEO Reins to Girish Rishi to Fuel Next Phase of Growth". JDA. JDA. Retrieved 30 January 2017.