||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Foaled||1974 Germantown, Maryland|
|Colour||Bay with a small star|
|Breeder||Charles B Eiler|
JJ Babu was purchased by Davidson as a yearling. He was not only a good-looking horse, but was well-tempered. The gelding excelled in all three phases, which explains his success.
Partnered for 15 years with Davidson, the horse not only won the team gold at the 1984 LA Olympics, but also the Rolex Kentucky Three Day in 1983. He competed at the advanced level for nine seasons, and started in 12 CCIs.
JJ Babu was destroyed in April 1989 at the age of 15, after he fractured a pastern bone at the Fair Hill Horse Trials.
- 2nd Rolex Kentucky Three Day CCI*** (Lexington, KY)
- 1st Stockholm CCI *** (Sweden)
- 1st Somborne
- 2nd Burghley Horse Trials CCI *** (England)
- 1st Gatcombe Park
- 6th Dauntsey Horse Trials
- 6th Badminton Horse Trials CCIO *** (England)
- 11th Badminton CCIO ***
- 2nd Brigstock
- Team gold and individually 13th the Los Angeles Olympics
- 5th Dauntsey
- 2nd Badminton Horse Trials CCI **** (England)
- 1st Brigstock
- 1st Chesterland Three Day Event (Advanced)
- 1st Essex Three Day Event (Preliminary)
- "J J Babu Horse Pedigree". www.pedigreequery.com. Retrieved August 21, 2016.