|Headquarters||Baltimore, Maryland, United States|
JMI Equity is an American growth equity firm focused on investing in leading software, internet, business services and healthcare IT companies. JMI provides capital for growth, recapitalizations, acquisitions and buyouts. Founded in 1992, JMI has invested in more than 115 companies throughout North America and Canada and has raised over $3.1 billion of committed capital. JMI VIII closed in August 2014 with $1 billion of committed capital. JMI VII closed in November 2010 with $875 million of committed capital. JMI VI closed in July 2007 with $600 million of committed capital. Representative investment holdings include, ServiceNow (NYSE: NOW), Intergraph, DoubleClick, Kronos, Eloqua (NASDAQ: ELOQ) and Undertone Networks.
In 1992, JMI was founded by Charles Noell and Harry Gruner with initial limited partner funding provided by John Moores, the founder and former Chairman and CEO of BMC Software. Prior to 1992, Noell and Gruner managed some of the largest and highest-profile information technology mergers, acquisitions and IPOs of the 1980s and early 1990s including Microsoft and Oracle while at Alex. Brown & Sons, Inc. While JMI’s General Partners continue to be significant investors, JMI has expanded its investor base to include leading pension funds, financial institutions, endowments, family offices and other investors.
|This section does not cite any sources. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Current and past investment holdings in notable companies include:
- Activant Solutions, Inc.
- Airclic, Inc.
- Attachmate Corporation
- Blackbaud, Inc.
- Coupon Cabin
- Datatel, Inc.
- DoubleClick, Inc.
- DriveCam, Inc.
- EMS Software, LLC (formerly Dean Evans & Associates, Inc.)
- Halogen Software, Inc.
- Jackson Hewitt Tax Service, Inc.
- Kronos, Inc.
- META Group, Inc.
- Mitchell International, Inc.
- Nimsoft, Inc.
- Unica Corporation
- JMI Closes $600M Private Equity Fund (AltAssets, 2007)
- JMI and Hellman & Friedman Acquire Intergraph
- DoubleClick Agrees to $1.1 Billion Buyout (TechWeb Technology News, 2005)
- Buyout Deal for Kronos (New York Times, 2007)
- Undertone Networks Announces Strategic Investment from JMI Equity
- NVCA Member Profile – JMI Equity
- MAVA Member Profile – JMI Equity
- CVCA International Member Profile – JMI Equity