JMule 0.4 Beta
|Initial release||September 21, 2002|
|Stable release||0.5.8 (January 13, 2010) [±]|
|Preview release||0.5.8 B9 (September 15, 2011) [±]|
|Size||2.73 MB (executable only)|
|License||GNU General Public License|
JMule is an open source file sharing client written in Java for eDonkey2000 networks. JMule is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, it is based on Java platform and requires at least Java SE 6.0 for operation. At a more general level this is a project that try to accomplish several goals. For now the client has Swing and SWT user interfaces, but more user interfaces will come soon. The name "JMule" comes from a "J" (Java) and a "Mule" (like eMule, aMule).
JMule is under an active development mostly using open source software. The main IDE is Eclipse with AspectJ plugin that runs on Ubuntu Linux. The source code is stored in a public CVS repository provided by SourceForge.net The JMule Team releases nightly builds of the client but not on a regular basis. Currently the development priority is focused on Kad DHT and network infrastructure.
- SourceForge.net project details of JMule
- "JMule official Download Page". JMule. 2010-01-13. Retrieved 2010-10-29.
- "JMule official "nightly" (Beta) build Page". JMule. 2011-09-15. Retrieved 2011-09-15.
- "JMule v0.5.8". 2010-06-12. Retrieved 2010-10-29.
- "JMule goals". Retrieved 2010-10-29.
- "JMule - aMule Project FAQ". Retrieved 2010-10-29.
- "JMule - Softpedia". Softpedia. Retrieved 2010-10-29.