JNR Class C12
|JNR Class C12
Taiwan Railways Class CK120
North China Transport Class PureA (プレA)
China Railways Class PL51
Vietnam Railways Class 131
Preserved C12 66, on the Mooka Railway, March 2012
Service outside Japan
North China Transport プレA, China Railways PL51, Vietnam Railways 131
From 1938 to 1939, 60 C12s were converted to metre gauge and shipped to the North China Transportation Company, where they operated primarily between Zhengding and Taiyuan. They were classified プレA (PureA). In 1939 Shijiazhuang–Taiyuan Railway was converted to standard gauge, these locomotives removed to Datong–Puzhou Railway north section. After the establishment of the People's Republic of China, they were taken over by the China Railway, where they were classified ㄆㄌ51 in 1951, and PL51 in 1959. In 1956 the Datong–Puzhou Railway north section was reconverted to standard gauge, they were transferred to Vietnam, and they were classified 131.
Taiwan Railways Administration CK120
From 1936 to 1941, the Nippon-Sharyo was built in 7 C12s for Governor-General of Taiwan Railway. After World War II, they were taken over by Taiwan Railways Administration, and they were classified CK120. CK124 is preserved at Changhua Locomotive Depot.
A large number of Class C12 locomotives are preserved, as listed below, with some in working order.
- C12 66: Mooka Railway Mooka Line, Mooka, Tochigi (operational)
- C12 164: Ōigawa Railway, Shimada, Shizuoka (operational)
- C12 2: Mikasa, Hokkaido
- C12 5
- C12 6
- C12 29
- C12 38
- C12 49
- C12 60
- C12 64
- C12 67
- C12 69
- C12 74
- C12 85
- C12 88: Itoigawa, Niigata
- C12 119(131-428): Preserved in Da Lat Railway Station in Dalat city, Lam Dong province, Vietnam
- C12 163
- C12 167
- C12 171
- C12 187
- C12 199
- C12 208: Ōigawa Railway, Shimada, Shizuoka (used for spares)
- C12 222
- C12 230
- C12 231: Preserved in front of Uchiko Station in Uchiko, Ehime. Built in 1939 and withdrawn in 1970, it was first preserved in the grounds of an elementary school before being moved to Uchiko Station in 1997.
- C12 241
- C12 244
- C12 259
- C12 280: Preserved in Komatsushima Station Park in Komatsushima, Tokushima
- C12 287
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to C12 steam locomotives.|
- C12 class in Vietnam _Kurogane No Michi
- 131 Class_2-6-2 Tank Locomotive _Railways in Vietnam website
- CK120 class _Kurogane No Michi
- Sasada, Masahiro (September 2012). 国鉄&JR保存車大全 [JNR & JR Preserved Rolling Stock Complete Guide]. Tokyo, Japan: Ikaros Publications Ltd. pp. 131–132. ISBN 978-4863206175.
- 内子駅前のC12 231の修復工事が完成 [Renovation of C12 231 preserved in front of Uchiko Station complete]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 25 December 2014. Retrieved 25 December 2014.