JNTUA College of Engineering, Pulivendula
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||Yogah Karmasu Koushalam|
Motto in English
|Efforts are skillfulness in action|
|Established||2006, autonomous since 2013|
|Location||Pulivendula, Andhra Pradesh, India|
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Anantapur (JNTU) College of Engineering (CEP), Pulivendula was established in 2006 as the fourth constituent college of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University. It was a part of JNTU-Anantapur until 2013. The college has been autonomous since the academic year 2013-14.
JNTUA College of Engineering, Pulivendula was established in 2006. The campus is located in Pulivendula, Kadapa District in Andhra Pradesh, India, and is spread across 165 acres (0.67 km2). It has six academic blocks, one administrative building, a central library, four hostel blocks, two messes, staff quarters and a guest house.
The college is located 3 km from Pulivendula town, 70 km from Kadapa (Dist. capital city), 450 km from Hyderabad, 250 km from Bangalore and 300 km from Chennai. Pulivendula is connected by roads to all major cities of the region (Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore and Vijayawada). The nearest railway head is at Muddanur (35 km) with trains connecting Hyderabad, Mumbai and Chennai.
The college is on a 200 acres (0.81 km2) campus away from the pollution of the city. The academic block was inaugurated on 25 December 2006, and the department was later provided with separate blocks: a total of 6 academic blocks and one administration building. A library, staff quarters, hostel, and a guest house have been added.
JNTUACE Pulivendula got selected as "Excellent Technical Education Institution in A.P" by CMAI Association of India.
Courses: Under Graduate
- B.Tech (Electrical and Electronics Engineering)
- B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering)
- B.Tech (Electronics and Communication Engineering)
- B.Tech (Computer Science and Engineering)
- B.Tech (Bio-Technology) [now, there is no intake of students since 2014]
- B.Tech (Civil engineering)
- M.Tech (Electrical Power System)
- M.Tech (Computer Aided Design/Computer Aided Manufacturing)
- M.Tech (Digital Electronics and Communication System)
- M.Tech (Computer Science and Engineering)
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Humanities, Sciences and Social Sciences
Buildings and amenities on campus:
- Administrative Building.
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Bio-Technology
- Medical Center
- Student Amenities Center
- Sports Complex
The AP state government has announced that the JNTU Pulivendula campus will be made a constituent college under JNTU Anantapur university called JNTU South
The college has a gym, a playground, a Basketball court, a Had ball, court, Hockey ground, Football ground, Ball Badminton court, four Badminton courts and a tennis court. The extracurricular activities include the branch wise student associations, a student union and other campus activities such as:
- STUDENT INNOVATION CENTER( SIC) - A Programming club, to enhance ideas and skills of young programmers ( organized by department of COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING)
- EPIC(English Programming Innovative Club) - Students Forum in CSE Dept.,
- LAKSHYA - A congregation of IAS aspirants and other civil services aspirants.
- GLUGJNTUCEP - GNU/Linux User Group.
- ROBOGYAN - A Robotic club, To enhance ideas and skills of young engineers.
- YANTRA - A National level symposium organised by Dept. of Mechanical Engineering.
- AASHRAY - A National level CIVIL student's Symposium by Department of CIVIL Engineering.
- Innovation Club - To nurture the ideas from students - cross branch.
- Photography and Film making Club - To enhance the creative side of the students - cross branch.
- SCINTILLACE- National Level Students' Technical Symposium, ECE Dept.,
- ECHIP(Electronics and Communication House for Inquisitive Programs) - Students Forum in ECE Dept.,
- PRAGATHI-a social trust aimed at govt schools development-students of all departments.
- SARVAGNYA - A National level Technical Sympoism Organised by Computer Science and Engineering Dept.,
- EEL-A National Technical Symposium Orgainsed by Electrical & Electronics Engineering Dept.,
- SPARK-A Student Club Of Electrical & Electronics Engineering to innovate their ideas in the stream of electricals and electronics
- Md Omais Shayan of ECE Dept., won All India 12th Rank in Gate'09
- Rama Krishna Reddy of EEE dept, won all India 17th Rank in Gate'11
- Zaid Syed Makandar Mohammed of ECE Dept., secured an AI Rank of 16 in Gate'14.
- Damodar Reddy Yekkuluri of ECE Dept., Scored 97.5 percentile in CAT 2013.
- Naveen Kumar Polakala of ECE Dept., Scored 740 (97 Percentile) in GMAT exam.
- In EARTHIAN 2012, an International Environment Sustainability competition held by Wipro, Team JNTUCEP constituting Naveen Kumar, Dheeraj, Vidya and Nikitha were preliminary shortlisted to the final round.
- V.Pavan Kumar of ECE Dept, Scored 99+ Percentile and joined IIM Bangalore 2014-16 PGP batch.
- Chimmula Upendar of CSE dept of 2007-11 batch joined in IIM Udaipur, 2014-16 PGP batch
- M.B Sreevathsa of CSE dept of 2007-11 batch scored 97.8 percentile in CAT-13 and Joined Delhi University MBA-Finance
- K.Pavani of ECE department successfully cracked CAT and joined FMS Delhi University, 2014-16 batch.
- Sreekanth Nadimpalli of ECE Dept., Scored 99.7 percentile in MAT Feb 2013 Exam.
- Gurunatha Reddy G of Mechanical Department secured first prize in NSS university Level debate competitions in February 2014
- 39 Students of 2014-2015 batch got selected for Tata Consultancy Services campus placements
- 13 Students of 2014-2015 batch got placed in Tech Mahindra