Chase Tower (Dallas)
|Alternative names||JPMorgan Chase Tower
Texas Commerce Tower
|Location||2200 Ross Avenue
|Owner||Fortis Property Group LLC|
Fortis Property Group LLC Michael Dockins, senior property managerMaggie Westlund, property manager
|Roof||225 m (738 ft)|
|Floor area||1,296,400 sq ft (120,440 m2)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Skidmore, Owings & Merrill|
|Main contractor||Austin Commercial|
Chase Tower is a 225 m (738 ft), 55-story postmodern skyscraper at 2200 Ross Avenue in the City Center District of downtown Dallas, Texas. Although it is the fourth tallest skyscraper in the city, if one were to exclude antennas and spires, it would be the third. It is also the 12th tallest building in Texas. The building was designed by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill and was completed in 1987. The building also houses the Dallas Petroleum Club, a business and social club located on the 39th and 40th floors.
This building is known for its unique architecture which includes a curved glass top and a 6-story hole in the center of the building near the top and is nicknamed the "Keyhole Building" by some people.
When Ion Storm existed, its corporate headquarters were in Suite 4500, 22,000-square-foot (2,000 m2) of space in a penthouse suite on the 54th floor, the top floor, of the tower. Lisa Chadderdon of Fast Company said that the penthouse location was "unusual". For the first ten years after the construction of the JPMorgan Chase Tower, the penthouse location had been unleased.
Deloitte LLP has an office in the tower which had 950 employees in late 2009. In early 2009, Deloitte announced that it planned to consolidate its Downtown operations and its operations in Irving, Texas. Initially, there would have been a multimillion-dollar advantage to Deloitte if it moved to Irving. The City of Dallas proposed an economic grant to Deloitte if it decided to stay in Downtown Dallas. Therefore, Deloitte agreed to extend its lease in the tower for fifteen years, beginning in 2011. Deloitte will have at least 1,111 employees in the JPMorgan Chase Tower.
In 2015 and 2016 renovations were made to many of the common areas including the main lobby and mezzanine level of the building. Lighting and furniture upgrades were included along with a remodel of the existing sundries shop and Starbucks coffee kiosk. An executive conference center was added on the 40th floor and a video conference center was added on level 38.
The rotunda which sits on the property's north plaza was remodeled as a fitness center exclusive to Chase Tower tenants. It includes cardio, free weight and circuit training equipment as well as a studio center for group fitness and spinning class workouts. Men's and women's locker rooms with full shower facilities and day lockers we added in the lower level of the rotunda. Tenants may also opt for an executive locker that provides full time locker use of a larger locker, changing area and executive lounge. The fitness center is staffed with a full time manager and day porter Monday through Friday.
The 40th floor skylobby at the base of the "keyhole" contains a little-known observation area which is open during business hours. It is recommended to check with the management office before visiting as it is frequently closed to the public for tenant and building events.
The current owner/manager, Fortis Property Group LLC acquired the building in August 2016.
In popular culture
Exterior and interior location shoots were used in Season Two of Dallas (2012 TV series). The tower & penthouse office space stood in as home of the fictional Barnes Global/Ewing Global and the Dallas Petroleum Club stood in as itself in several episodes.
Establishing shots of the Chase Tower are used in the sitcom Cristela.
- List of tallest buildings in Dallas
- Tallest buildings in Texas
- List of tallest buildings in the United States
- "Chase Tower". CTBUH Skyscraper Database.
- Chase Tower (Dallas) at Emporis
- Chase Tower (Dallas) at Glass Steel and Stone
- "Chase Tower". SkyscraperPage.
- Chase Tower (Dallas) at Structurae
- "Chase Tower Project Sheet". Austin Commercial. 2010. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- Directory of corporate affiliations, Volume 5. National Register Pub. Co., 2001. 821. Retrieved from Google Books on May 29, 2012. "ION STORM LP 2200 Ross Ave. 54th Fl., Ste. 4500 Dallas, Tx. 75201"
- Chadderdon, Lisa. "Demons Over Dallas." Fast Company. September 30, 1998.
- "Hines buys downtown Dallas tower." Houston Business Journal. Wednesday November 21, 2007. Retrieved on November 11, 2009.
- Hethcock, Bill. "Large ad agency cites area's vibrancy in decision to return." Dallas Business Journal. December 9, 2007. p. 3. Retrieved November 23, 2013.
- "Deloitte LLP Corporate Office Consolidation & Expansion in Downtown Dallas Archived 2010-01-14 at the Wayback Machine.." City of Dallas. October 5, 2009. 6. Retrieved on January 15, 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to JPMorgan Chase Tower (Dallas).|