JPT Scare Band
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
JPT Scare Band
|Origin||Kansas City, Missouri|
|Genres||Hard rock, heavy metal, psychedelic rock, acid rock, blues rock|
JPT Scare Band is an American rock band. It took its name from its members first initials and their "scary" acid rock sound. Although the band did not release their first album until the early 1990s, they had formed in the early 1970s and made numerous recordings on a reel to reel tape deck in a basement.
Songs from the album, Sleeping Sickness, went into fairly heavy rotation on FM stations WFMU and WNYU in New York, which played a major role in dredging JPT up from the depths of total obscurity. The band was featured in an article in the March 2007 issue of Classic Rock Magazine titled, "The Lost Pioneers of Heavy Metal".
The three original members of the band are still active, having released two albums on their own Kung Bomar Records label. A third album was released on the Kung Bomar label, Halloween of 2009, called Rumdum Daddy.
- Acid Acetate Excursion Vinyl LP (1994)
- Rape Of Titan's Sirens Vinyl LP (1998)
- Sleeping Sickness CD (2000 Reissue 2009)
- Past is Prologue CD (2001)
- Jamm Vapour CD (2007)
- Rumdum Daddy CD (2009)
- Acid Blues Is The White Man's Burden (2010)
- Sleazegrinder (March 2007). "The Lost Pioneers of Heavy Metal". Classic Rock.
- 10 Essential Proto-Metal Albums Archived 2012-09-20 at the Wayback Machine Referenced July 27, 2010
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2005-12-28. Retrieved 2009-10-23.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- https://www.amazon.com/Sleeping-Sickness-JPT-Scare-Ban Jeffd/dp/B0023G462M/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1239073546&sr=8-10