|Traded as||KSE: JSBL|
|Industry||Banking and finance|
|Headquarters||1st Floor, Shaheen Commercial Complex, Dr. Ziauddin Ahmed Road, Karachi, Pakistan.|
|Services||Finance and Insurance
Number of employees
JS Bank is a majority-owned subsidiary of Jahangir Siddiqui & Co. Ltd. and currently operates 307 branches in 152 cities with a total asset base of Rs. 218 billion in 2015. JS Bank’s consolidated profits (after tax) for the year 2015 were Rs. 2465 million. 
JS Bank Limited operates in the Commercial banking sector. It is a scheduled bank engaged in commercial banking and related services. The activities of JS Bank are categorized into five business units. They are: Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Corporate Banking, Investment Banking and Treasury.
- 1 History
- 2 Corporate banking
- 3 Wealth management
- 4 Financial information
- 5 Acquisition of HSBC Pakistan
- 6 Awards and achievements
- 6.1 JS Bank is now certified by WWF as being a Green Office
- 6.2 JS Bank partners with Dewan Motors (BMW Pakistan)
- 6.3 JS Bank organizes “Thinking The Unthinkable” discussion with Nik Gowing
- 6.4 JS Bank and INOV8 Limited enter into strategic partnership
- 6.5 JS Bank and EFU General Insurance Limited Join Hands
- 6.6 3rd International Awards on Environment, Health, Safety and Security 2017
- 6.7 Primary Dealer 2010-11 and 2011-2012
- 6.8 Brand of the Year Award 2013
- 6.9 8th National CSR Excellence Awards Ceremony, 2015
- 6.10 Entity Rating PACRA
- 6.11 JS Bank goes international - granted branch license in Bahrain
- 6.12 JS Bank receives multiple awards for social impact
- 6.13 JS Bank has successfully converted 100 branches to Solar Power
- 6.14 Mahvash and Jahangir Siddiqui Art Gallery inaugurated at the Alliance Francaise Karachi, 2016
- 6.15 Best Corporate Campaign Award
- 6.16 Temenos'T24 R14 implemented
- 6.17 JS Bank supports Honorable Governor of State Bank Pakistan
- 6.18 Award for Supporting Health Care Organizations
- 6.19 USAID and Pakistani banks announce partnership to support clean energy growth
- 7 Sponsored events
- 8 See also
- 9 References
- 10 External links
JS Bank is a majority-owned subsidiary of Jahangir Siddiqui & Co. Ltd. It is a commercial bank and also has a Primary Dealer license for government securities from the State Bank of Pakistan. JS Bank Limited has been formed after the merger and amalgamation of Jahangir Siddiqui Investment Bank Limited and commercial banking operations of American Express Bank Ltd Pakistan. JS Bank Limited commenced operations in Pakistan as a fully scheduled bank on December 30, 2006. In 1999, Jahangir Siddiqui Investment Bank Limited (JSIBL) was formed when Jahangir Siddiqui & Co. Ltd. acquired Citicorp Investment Bank (Pakistan) Limited. JSIBL principally mobilizes funds through issuance of Certificates of Investment to individual investors, corporate clients, and financial institutions. Short-term financing was provided to corporate clients through these funds. The investment bank was also an active investor in equity, bond markets, and money markets through outright repo and reverse repo transactions. In 2006 the number of branches was 4, which increased to 9 in 2007. In 2008 the number increased to 39 and to 101 in 2009. In 2010, the number of branches were 129. Currently, JS Bank has 307 branches in 152 cities.
As part of JSBL Wealth Management Services, JSBL product lines are divided into the following:
- Mutual Funds
- Ticker: JSBL
- Country: PAKISTAN
- Exchanges: KAR
- Major Industry: Banks
- Sub Industry: Commercial Banks
- 2012 Sales: 8,232,382,000
- Employees: 2,946
- Currency: Pakistan Rupees
- Market cap: 8,311,598,031
- Fiscal Year Ends: December
- Shares Outstanding: 1,072,464,262
- Share Type: Ordinary
- Closely Held Shares: 757,882,254 
- Consolidated profits for 2015 (after tax): PKR 2,025,547,000 
Acquisition of HSBC Pakistan
According to NASDAQ and Wall Street Journal, HSBC Bank Middle East Ltd. had entered into an agreement to sell its banking business in Pakistan to JS Bank Ltd. in 2012  In 2013, the deal between JS Bank and HSBC Pakistan fell through.
Awards and achievements
JS Bank is now certified by WWF as being a Green Office
JS Bank Head Office at Shaheen Complex in Karachi has now been certified for WWF's Green Office Initiative and is the first commercial bank in Pakistan to have achieved this certification. The aim of this Initiative is to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and to decrease the ecological footprint at the workplace through various initiatives such as reducing electricity consumption and paper waste. As a part of the certification process, various stickers promoting environmentally friendly practices have been placed around the office such as those promoting car-pooling and making sure that the lights are turned off when not in use. A consumer habit survey was also conducted to learn more about employees habits and how they can be improved.
JS Bank partners with Dewan Motors (BMW Pakistan)
JS Bank and Dewan Motors (BMW Pakistan) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to offer on-demand luxury car financing in Pakistan.
JS Bank organizes “Thinking The Unthinkable” discussion with Nik Gowing
JS Bank organized another talk by Nik Gowing for a selected audience in Islamabad and was attended by leaders from the corporate sector along with other prominent personalities. Gowing’s talk revolved around his report titled “Thinking The Unthinkable”. He discussed his predictions regarding the unexpected events in the world which have had an impact on all of us including the Ebola outbreak, the collapse in oil prices, the migrant crisis in Europe and the changing global political scenario due to the appointment of Donald Trump as the US President. The focus was on the ability to foresee and handle such events is lacking and how leadership on the corporate and public service level are vulnerable to the impact of these “unexpected, non-normative events”. The event was hosted by Khalid Imran, President & CEO, JS Bank.
JS Bank and INOV8 Limited enter into strategic partnership
JS Bank and Inov8 Limited have signed two agreements to promote financial inclusion in the industry by digitizing payments, and provide an unmatched digital experience for its valuable customers. The partnership between Inov8 Limited and JS Bank is designed to enable JS Bank customers to conduct internet banking and retail payments through a digital ecosystem, both through the Fonepay platform and JS Mobile, Pakistan’s first android banking application.
JS Bank and EFU General Insurance Limited Join Hands
JS Bank and EFU General Insurance Limited have signed an agreement on April 4, 2017 for the sale and distribution of a unique insurance solution, covering ATM cash withdrawals and accidental death during snatching incidents.
3rd International Awards on Environment, Health, Safety and Security 2017
JS Bank won the award for the third time in a row for Support for Health Care Organization at a ceremony organized by The Professionals Network, Karachi. The award was presented for JS Bank’s tremendous efforts in the field of Environment, Health & Safety.
Primary Dealer 2010-11 and 2011-2012
The State Bank of Pakistan, 2nd year in a row then declared JS Bank as the Number 1 Primary Dealer of Government Securities for the year 2011-12. JS Bank is one of only 11 State Bank of Pakistan appointed Primary Dealers authorized to participate in the auctions of Government of Pakistan securities consisting of Treasury Bills (T-Bills) and Pakistan Investment Bonds (PIBs).
Brand of the Year Award 2013
8th National CSR Excellence Awards Ceremony, 2015
JS Bank was recognized for its commendable CSR efforts and awarded in the category of “Collaborations and Partnership.”
Entity Rating PACRA
PACRA has assigned the Bank long term rating of “AA-” (Double A Minus) and short term rating of “A1+” (A One Plus). These ratings denote a low expectation of credit risk while the capacity for timely payment of financial commitments is considered strong.
JS Bank goes international - granted branch license in Bahrain
JS Bank opened its first international branch in Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain and looks to strengthen its business in the GCC and eventually the wider Middle East and North Africa (MENA). The Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB) welcomed JS Bank’s presence in the Bahraini Markets. As the eighth licensed Pakistani wholesale bank in Bahrain, JS Bank will serve regional businesses with interests in Pakistan, non-resident Pakistani expatriates other Pakistani banks without overseas branches, and Pakistani government entities. Its service offerings include trade finance, treasury, institutional banking, corporate banking, and private banking & wealth management.
The award recognizes the positive social impact JS Bank has had through its community programs in the areas of health, education, sustainable development and relief efforts across the country. In 2013 and 2014, organized by NFEH - National Forum for Environmental and Health, both times JS BANK was awarded in the category of Social Impact. 2015, organized by The Professional Networks and awarded in the category of Social Impact again. In this year, JS Bank was also awarded in the category of “Collaborations and Partnership” for working on the overall betterment of society" In 2015, JS Bank was also given a second award “CEO of the year” which recognized Mr. Khalid Imran, President JS Bank for his unwavering support and focus on the importance of corporate social responsibility. In 2016 and 2017, in events organized by The Professional Networks, JS Bank was awarded in the category of Social Impact for the fifth year in a row.
JS Bank has successfully converted 100 branches to Solar Power
Pioneering innovative solutions JS Bank successfully converted 100 of its branches to solar energy, powering all computers, servers; ATM and teller by solar energy. The first of these was the Dhoraji branch Karachi in 2013.The bank continues this initiative in an effort to assist the country battle its ongoing energy crisis.
Mahvash and Jahangir Siddiqui Art Gallery inaugurated at the Alliance Francaise Karachi, 2016
JS Group, under its charitable arm Mahvash & Jahangir Siddiqui Foundation inaugurated an Art Gallery at the Alliance Française, Karachi to promote Art and Culture within Pakistan. They expressed interest to continue supporting initiatives and the private sector contribution towards the betterment of the country through art.
Best Corporate Campaign Award
JS Bank won the award for the Best Corporate Campaign at a ceremony organized by Alliance Française, Karachi. The award was presented for JS Bank’s ‘Bharna Hai Aagey’ campaign. The campaign encompasses growth in all aspects and is also a prayer for the country and its future generations.
Temenos'T24 R14 implemented
JS Bank has upgraded its core banking system to Temenos’ T24 R14. The bank has moved all of the operations at its head office and branches to the latest R14 version of Temenos’ flagship core platform. The bank has been using T24 for nearly a decade.
JS Bank supports Honorable Governor of State Bank Pakistan
JS Bank supported an informal meeting with Governor State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) Mr. Ashraf Mahmood Wathra. Investment opportunities in Pakistan were discussed and renowned people from various fields attended the Q&A session.
Award for Supporting Health Care Organizations
At the 2nd International Awards on Environment, Health and Safety ceremony organized by The Professionals Network, Karachi. an award was presented to JS Bank 2nd time in a row, for its tremendous efforts in the field of Environment, Health & Safety.
USAID and Pakistani banks announce partnership to support clean energy growth
JS Bank is one of five commercial banks selected by the United States Agency for International Development for a 15-year partnership that will provide 50 percent loan guarantees for clean energy projects.
- TEDX Lums Conference "Badal do Sach (Changing Mindsets) on April 4, 2015 in Lahore.
- "Management Conversations Day" Conference on April 4, 2015 in Karachi.
- ICAP CFO Conference “Sustaining Excellence – Shifting Gears” on March 17 and 19, 2015 in Karachi and Islamabad.
- International Media Conference on May 1, 2015 in Karachi
- Raysham Award Ceremony and Cultural Evening on May 25, 2015 in Islamabad
- JS Bank and JS Global sponsored a national seminar on Peace, Security & Governance in Karachi.
- 13th Management Accountants International Conference themed “Responsible Leadership for Sustainable Economy” in Bhurban, Murree.
- Responsible Leadership for Sustainable Economy - Institute of Cost and Management Accounts of Pakistan (ICMA) conference held in Bhurban, Murree on 11 November 2015.
- 7th Pakistan Open Golf Championship at Defence Authority Country & Golf Club, 300 professional and amateur golfers participated from all over the country.
- http://www.jsbl.com/about.php?t=a JS Bank Official Website
- http://www.corporateinformation.com/Company-Snapshot.aspx?cusip=C586CSR10 Corporate Information Website
- NASDAQ http://www.nasdaq.com/article/hsbc-to-sell-its-business-in-pakistan-20120910-00884
- Mirza, Javed (October 24, 2013). "JS Bank-HSBC Pakistan deal falls through". The News International.
- http://www.sbp.org.pk/dmmd/2011/C9.htm State Bank of Pakistan Official Website
- http://www.nation.com.pk/E-Paper/karachi/2012-07-19/page-17 The Nation | July 19, 2012
- "JS Bank wins Brand of the Year Award". The News International. May 27, 2014.
- "JS Bank wins Brand Award". Daily Times. May 28, 2014.
- Annual Report 2011