|CompTox Dashboard (EPA)|
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||355.471 g/mol g·mol−1|
|3D model (JSmol)|
JWH-019 is an analgesic chemical from the naphthoylindole family that acts as a cannabinoid agonist at both the CB1 and CB2 receptors. It is the N1-hexyl homologue of the more common synthetic cannabinoid compound JWH-018. Unlike the butyl homologue JWH-073, which is several times weaker than JWH-018, the hexyl homologue is only slightly less potent, although extending the chain one carbon longer to the heptyl homologue JWH-020 results in dramatic loss of activity. These results show that the optimum side chain length for CB1 binding in the naphthoylindole series is the five-carbon pentyl chain, shorter than in the classical cannabinoids where a seven-carbon heptyl chain produces the most potent compounds. This difference is thought to reflect a slightly different binding conformation adopted by the naphthoylindole compounds as compared to the classical cannabinoids, and may be useful in characterising the active site of the CB1 and CB2 receptors.
As of October 2015 JWH-019 is a controlled substance in China.
In Poland, JWH-019 is I-N (Poland)
JWH-019 is illegal in Sweden
JWH-019 is Class B in the United Kingdom.
JWH-019 is a C-I substance, controlled federally in the United States, and it is not intended for human consumption.
- = WDU20111050614 "Ustawa z dnia 15 kwietnia 2011 r. o zmianie ustawy o przeciwdziałaniu narkomanii ( Dz.U. 2011 nr 105 poz. 614 )" Check
|url=value (help). Internetowy System Aktów Prawnych. Retrieved 12 June 2011.
- Aung MM, et al. (August 2000). "Influence of the N-1 alkyl chain length of cannabimimetic indoles upon CB(1) and CB(2) receptor binding". Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 60 (2): 133–40. doi:10.1016/S0376-8716(99)00152-0. PMID 10940540.
- Poso A, Huffman JW (January 2008). "Targeting the cannabinoid CB2 receptor: modelling and structural determinants of CB2 selective ligands". British Journal of Pharmacology. 153 (2): 335–46. doi:10.1038/sj.bjp.0707567. PMC 2219524. PMID 17982473.
- Ashton JC, Wright JL, McPartland JM, Tyndall JD (2008). "Cannabinoid CB1 and CB2 receptor ligand specificity and the development of CB2-selective agonists". Current Medicinal Chemistry. 15 (14): 1428–43. doi:10.2174/092986708784567716. PMID 18537620.
- "关于印发《非药用类麻醉药品和精神药品列管办法》的通知" (in Chinese). China Food and Drug Administration. 27 September 2015. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
|This cannabinoid related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|