This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
"A great offer for everyone"
|Founded||2 April 1979|
Aarhus, Central Denmark, Denmark
Number of employees
|app. 22,000 (2018)|
Jysk A/S (corporately styled JYSK) (Danish: [ˈjysɡ], franchises in other countries operate under various names) is a Danish retail chain, selling household goods such as mattresses, furniture and interior décor. Jysk is the largest Danish retailer operating internationally. In total, the companies have 2,586 stores in 50 countries and over 22,000 employees. The turnover in the financial year 16/17 was 3.36 billion euro.
Jysk was founded by Lars Larsen, who opened the first store on Silkeborgvej in the Danish city Aarhus in 1979. The retail chain is still owned by Larsen, who is one of Denmark's richest people, although in some countries the chain operates on a franchise basis. The logo displays a goose.
A chronological history of Jysk:
- 1979: On 2 April, the world's first Jysk Sengetøjslager opens in Aarhus, Denmark, where it still operates today.
- 1984: Jysk Sengetøjslager opens its first store outside the country - Dänisches Bettenlager in Germany.
- 1984: Jysk Franchise opens its first store in Greenland.
- 1986: Jysk Franchise opens its first store in Faroe Islands.
- 1987: Jysk expands to Iceland and opens a store in Kópavogur.
- 1998: The company celebrates the opening of store number 500.
- 2001: The stores in Denmark, Sweden and Finland change their name from Jysk Sengetøjslager, Jysk Bäddlager and Jysk Vuodevarasto to Jysk.
- 2008: Jysk Nordic opens Northern Europe's largest warehouse in Uldum in Mid-Jutland. The warehouse now has an area of 64,000 m2.
- 2008: Jysk opens its first stores in the United Kingdom. Mansfield and Lincoln opened in April, then Blackburn and York opened in the summer.
- 2010: Jysk is granted a royal warrant of appointment as a purveyor to the Queen of Denmark.
- 2010: Jysk’s staff magazine 'GO JYSK' wins several awards - as staff magazine 2010 in Denmark and as the second best staff magazine in Europe.
- 2011: Jysk launches its own TV-channel on www.jysk.tv.
- 2013: Jysk opens its first store in Yerevan, the capital city of Armenia. This marked the first Jysk store in the Caucasus.
- 2014-2015: Jysk opens a store in Mall Taman Anggrek and Pejaten Village in Jakarta, Indonesia. Jysk continues to expand in Indonesia as the company opens four new stores at Margo City Depok, Kuningan City and Pluit Village in Jakarta, and Aeon Mall BSD City in Tangerang.
- 2016: Jysk opens its first stores in Singapore at Tiong Bahru Plaza.
- 2016: Jysk opens two stores in Belarus.
- 2017: Jysk opens the third store in Minsk and the first in Brest.
- 2017: Jysk opens its first store in Kuwait.
- 2018: Jysk opens first store in Dubai.
- 2018:Jysk opens one more store in Greece on a small city of Athens,Agios Ioannis Rentis.Link RENTIS.
- "JYSK". jysk.com. Retrieved 2017-10-02.
- "The founder | JYSK". www.jysk.com. Retrieved 2017-08-04.
- "The History of JYSK". Retrieved 2 May 2015.
- "The History of JYSK GROUP". JYSK. Retrieved 5 September 2018.
- "Peresmian JYSK Store Indonesia, Foto 5 - Tribun Images". Tribunnews.com. Retrieved 2 May 2015.
- "List of Tiong Bahru Plaza's stores". AsiaMalls Management Pte Ltd. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to JYSK.|