|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California|
|Products||Women's Premium Denim, Men's Premium Denim, Ready-To-Wear|
Number of employees
J Brand was founded in 2005 in Los Angeles. Japanese retail giant Fast Retailing (owner of Uniqlo, Helmut Lang, and Theory, among others) purchased the majority of J Brand in 2012. 
Women's Premium Denim
At its inception, the company only offered women's denim. Rudes filled the void with J Brand's 811 Skinny, and their minimalist, no embellishment take on this silhouette was an instant hit. However, their most famous skinny is the Houlihan Cargo Pant, named for the M*A*S*H character Hot Lips Houlihan and originally perceived as a novelty item. The novelty item ended up being a revolutionary piece as Frank Doroff, Vice Chairman of Bloomingdales department stores explained it was their "best selling pant", selling thousands. J Brand sold more than 300,000 pairs.
They have also worked with Creative Director Karl Templar and photographer Craig McDean for their Fall 2012, Spring 2013 and Fall 2013 ad campaigns.
Acquisition by Fast Retailing
- "J Brand". www.jbrandjeans.com.
- "Jeff Rudes (FABB conference speaker profile)". Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- Imran, Amed (December 2010). "CEO talk | Jeff Rudes". Business of Fashion. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- Sanders, Lorraine (September 16, 2009). "Where the Skinny Jean Was Born (And How to Meet Her Maker)". 7x7 SF. Retrieved 2 October 2013.
- Hume, Marione. "J Brand Genie". http://www.afr.com/p/lifestyle/afrmagazine/brand_genie_YJAM1hTl6HZIS08JlRpstJ. External link in
|publisher=(help); Missing or empty
- "Blue Plate Specials: Jeans Mutations". WWD. 2005-03-31. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- Horyn, Cathy (May 12, 2010). "Houlihan, Reporting for Duty". New York Times. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- Hume, Marion (2013-03-21). "J Brand Genie". afr.com. Retrieved 8 November 2013.
- "Brand Power". Vogue. Retrieved 8 November 2013.
- Phelan, Hayley. "Proenza Schouler and J Brand Make Denim To Die For!". Teen Vogue. Retrieved 8 November 2013.
- "J Brand Ad Campaigns". Vogue. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- Inagaki, Kana. "Fast Retailing to buy 80% stake in J Brand". Market Watch. Retrieved 8 November 2013.