Jaafari may refer to:
- Jaafari, adherent of Twelver Shi`ism
- Ali Jafari, Head of Iranian Revolutionary Guards
- Ibrahim al-Jaafari, (born 1947), Iraqi politician
- Bashar Jaafari, Syrian Diplomat
- Azra Jafari, First Female Mayor of a City in Afghanistan
- Sheherazad Jaafari, Syrian president's advisor
Jafar is used as a male first name while Jaafari is used as a family name in Middle East, North Africa, Central Asia and South Asia. The last name "Jaafari" is highly respected in the Middle East, especially in Iran, Pakistan, Syria, Lebanon, etc. and it may mean "belong to Ja'far", a reference to Ja'far al-Sadiq, the holy Sixth Imam and a revered figure by Sunni and Shiite Muslims alike. Some "Jaafari" trace their lineage directly to the holy Sixth Imam.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Jaafari.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.