This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jaani (right), with Akshay Kumar (left) and B Praak (center) shooting for the music video "Filhall"
|Occupation(s)||Songwriter, music composer|
Jaani is an Indian songwriter and music composer associated with Punjabi and Hindi language songs. He is known for his work with music director B Praak on songs like Qismat, Mann Bharrya, Hath Chumme, Naah, Kaun Hoyega, Soch, Kya Baat Ay, Pachtaoge and Filhall.
He started his career with a religious song, "Sant Sipahi", in 2012. However, he gained fame after song "Soch", sung by Harrdy Sandhu and composed by B Praak. The music video of this song was directed by Arvindr Khaira. A Hindi version of "Soch" was released as well.
Since "Soch", B Praak, Jaani, Arvindr Khaira, and Harrdy Sandhu have worked as a team, producing blockbuster Punjabi songs, such as "Joker", "Backbone" , "HornBlow" , "Naah" , "Yaar Ni Mileya" and "Kya Baat Ay".
His album Shayar with composer B Praak released in 2015, which includes tracks like "Taara" by Ammy Virk, "Ik Saal" by Jassie Gill and "Naa Ji Naa" by Hardy Sandhu, was a huge hit. He has collaborated with singers like Sukh e, Jassie Gill, Ammy Virk, Diljit Dosanjh, Harrdy Sandhu, Prabh Gill, Amrinder Gill, Kamal Khan, Gippy Grewal, Sunanda Sharma, Guri, Avvy Sra, Arshhh and many more.
His song "Jaani Tera Naa" by Sunanda Sharma was the first song ever named after a lyricist and recently song crossed 200 million views. He was the man behind the songs of the movie Qismat starring Ammy Virk and Sargun Mehta in the lead roles.
He has started his own music label known as Desi melodies with filmmaker Arvindr Khaira and musician B praak.
|1||Soch||Hardy Sandhu||2013||B Praak|
|3||Saree Wali Girl||Girik Aman|
|4||Ik Saal||Jassi Gill|
|6||Jaguar||Sukh E Muzical Doctorz Feat Bohemia||Sukh-E Muzical Doctorz|
|7||Go Baby Go||RONNIE||B Praak|
|9||Naa Ji Naa||Hardy Sandhu|
|10||Mere Kol||Prabh Gill|
|11||O Kithe||Kamal Khan|
|12||Yaar Matlabi||Karan Benipal|
|14||All Black||Sukh-E Muzical Doctorz Feat Raftaar||Sukh-E Muzical Doctorz|
|15||Horn Blow||Hardy Sandhu||2016||B Praak|
|16||Surma To Sandals||Ammy Virk|
|18||Dard||Sonu Nigam||T-Series, Jeet Ganguli|
|19||Marijuana||Hardik Trehan||B Praak|
|21||Ik Vaari Hor Soch Le (Debut track of Harish Verma)||Harish Verma|
|22||Hauli Hauli||BIG Dhillon|
|23||Gabroo||Jassi Gill||Preet Hundal|
|24||Suicide||Sukhe Musical Doctorz||B Praak|
|27||Pucheya Na Karo||Sammy Singh|
|28||Ghat Boldi||Gippy Grewal|
|30||Do You Know||Diljit Dosanjh|
|31||Kudiye Snapchat Waliye||Ranvir Feat Sukh-E Muzical Doctorz||2017||Sukh-E Muzical Doctorz|
|32||Star||B Jay Randhawa Feat Sukh-E Muzical Doctorz|
|33||Mann Bharya (Debut Track Of B Praak)||B Praak||B Praak|
|34||Yaar Ve||Harish Verma|
|35||Oye Hoye Oye Hoye||Jaz Dhami|
|36||Car Nachdi||Gippy Grewal Feat Bohemia|
|38||Gall Goriye||Manninder Buttar Feat Raftaar||Raftaar|
|39||Superstar||Sukh-E Muzical Doctorz||Sukh-E Muzical Doctorz|
|40||Violin||Arshhh Feat Roach Killa||B Praak|
|42||Jimmy Choo Choo||Guri Feat Ikka|
|43||Yaar Ni Milya||Hardy Sandhu|
|44||Jaani Tera Naa||Sunanda Sharma||Sukh-E Muzical Doctorz|
|45||Guitar Sikhda||Jassi Gill||B Praak|
|47||Nai Shad Da||Gippy Grewal||Jay K (Jassi Katyal)|
|48||Mill Lo Na||Guri||Sukh-E Muzical Doctorz|
|49||Insane||Sukh-E Muzical Doctorz|
|50||Dil Ton Black||Jassi Gill feat Badshah||2018||B Praak|
|51||Gallan Teriyan||Avvy Sra||Sukh-E Muzical Doctorz|
|52||Hath Chumme||Ammy Virk||B Praak|
|53||Bamb||Sukh-E Muzical Doctorz Feat Badshah||Sukh-E Muzical Doctorz|
|54||Sooraj||Gippy Grewal||B Praak|
|56||Morni||Sunanda Sharma||Sukh-E Muzical Doctorz|
|57||Kaun Hoyega||B Praak. Divya Bhatt||B Praak|
|58||Mai Terra Akshay||Babbal Rai ft Bohemia|
|61||Nikle Currant||Jassi Gill and Neha Kakkar||Sukh-E Muzical Doctorz|
|62||Pasand Jatt Di||Ammy Virk|
|63||Kya Baat Ay||Hardy Sandhu||B Praak|
|66||I Need Yaa||Sukh-E Muzical Doctorz|
|67||Coka||Sukh-E Muzical Doctorz||2019||Sukh-E Muzical Doctorz|
|68||Rabba Ve||B Praak||B Praak|
|70||Sandal||Sunanda Sharma||Sukh-E Muzical Doctorz|
|71||Gali Da Gunda||Sahiba||B Praak|
|72||Jaani Ve Jaani||Jaani ft. Afsana Khan||Sukh-E Muzical Doctorz|
|73||Nain Tere||B Praak|
|74||Rona Sikhade Ve||Miel||B Praak|
|77||Wah Wai Wahh||Sukh-E Muzical Doctorz & Neha Kakkar||Sukh-E Muzical Doctorz|
|78||Dil Mangdi||Jazzy B|
|79||Laare||Maninder Buttar||B Praak|
|82||Yaad Piya Ki Aane Lagi||Neha Kakkar||Tanishk Bagchi|
|83||Dance Like||Harrdy Sandhu||B Praak|
|84||Duji Vaar Pyar||Sunanda Sharma||Sukh-E Muzical Doctorz|
|85||Where Baby Where||Gippy Grewal||2020|
|86||Qubool A||Hashmat Sultana||B Praak|
|87||Jaan Deyan Ge||Ammy Virk|
|88||Channa Ve||B Praak|
- 2016 Airlift Soch Na Sake - inspired by Jaani's Soch and is sung by Arijit Singh and Rajesh Sharma
- 2016 "Dard" - Sung By Sonu Nigam and written by Jaani and Rashmi Virag
- 2019, his song "Naah" was recreated by Sachin–Jigar for the film Bala, it was titled "Naah Goriye" and was sung by Harrdy Sandhu and Swasti Mehul Jain.His song "Naah" was remade for the film Bala as "Naah Goriye" with singer Swasti Mehul.
- 2019, his song "Jaani Tera Naa" was recreated as "Mummy Nu Pasand" for the film Jai Mummy Di by Tanishk Bagchi.
- Speed Records (25 May 2017). "Jaani Birthday From Speed Records" – via YouTube.
- "Punjabi singer Hardy Sandhu's track Soch became a rage when it hit the market in 2014". Tribune India. 11 January 2016. Retrieved 11 January 2016.
- "The original version was sung by Hardy Sandhu, with composition by B Praak and lyrics by Jaani". The Times of India. 13 January 2017. Retrieved 24 March 2019.
- "Lyricist : Jaani Songs Lyrics - Latest Hindi Songs Lyrics". Latest Hindi Songs Lyrics - Hindi Movie Song Lyrics - LyricsBogie.
- "Lyricist : Jaani Songs Lyrics - Page 2 of 2 - Latest Hindi Songs Lyrics". Latest Hindi Songs Lyrics - Hindi Movie Song Lyrics - LyricsBogie.
- "Where Baby Where (Full Video) Gippy Grewal ft. Amanda Cerny | Jaani | Sukhe | Bal Deo | Humble Music". YouTube. Retrieved 4 January 2020.
- "'Bala' song 'Naah Goriye': Ayushmann Khurrana flaunts his sexy side with Punjabi superstar Sonam Bajwa - Times of India". The Times of India. 25 October 2019. Retrieved 13 November 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jaani (songwriter).|