Jebel Al Mebrah
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Jabal Yibir (Arabic: جَبَل يِبِر)|
Jabal Al-Mebrah or Jabal Yibir, as seen from Ras Al-Khaimah City, Sitting to the right, and behind, the near mountain.
|Elevation||1,727 m (5,666 ft)|
|Native name||جَبَل ٱلْمبْرَح (Arabic)|
|Location||Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates|
Jabal Al-Mebraḥ (Arabic: جَبَل ٱلْمبْرَح), also known as Jabal Yibir (Arabic: جَبَل يِبِر), is a 1,727 m (5,666 ft) tall mountain in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). It is located in the Western Hajar Mountains near . Jebel Al Mebrah has a prominence of around 300 m (980 ft) from its parent peak, Jebel Qihwi, which is on the other side of the border in Musandam Governorate, Oman. The highest point in the UAE is Jebel Jais near Ras al-Khaimah at about 1,910 m (6,270 ft), however, its summit is also in Musandam Governorate in Oman, meaning that whereas Jabal Jais has the highest point in the UAE, the highest peak in the UAE is that of Jabal Yibir.
A military station is located on the summit making the peak out of access, however, an asphalt road has been built up from wadi Tawian, with many villages along the sides and tracks continuing further into the mountains. Initially this allowed public access to within 400 m (1,300 ft) of the military station, around 100 m (330 ft) below. Since 2016 however, a military check point at the bottom of the mountain has prevented access to the public by road altogether.
- Geography of Oman
- Geography of the United Arab Emirates
- Geology of Oman
- Geology of the United Arab Emirates
- List of tourist attractions in the United Arab Emirates
- Musandam Peninsula (including the Ru'us al-Jibal)
- "Jabal Yibir". Dangerousroads.org. Retrieved 2019-02-12.
- "Geography of United Arab Emirates, Landforms - World Atlas". www.worldatlas.com. Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- Pictures of Jabal Yibir at TripAdvisor
- Jebel Yibir farm hike
- Jebel Yibir Group Hike, UAE,030416 (YouTube)
- Steep, Dangerous descent from Jebel Yibir
- Descending down from the Top of Jabal Yibir (NOT for the faint-hearted)
- Hiking: The Highest Points in the UAE
|This United Arab Emirates location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|