He was born in London on 20 January 1837 and educated at Queens' College, Cambridge and ordained in 1861. He was an SPG Missionary in Delhi and then Ranchi before his elevation to the Episcopate as the inaugural Bishop of Chota Nagpur. He died on 13 October 1904.
- Primer of the Mundari Language, 1896
- Hindi Catechisms, 1897
- Translation of the Didache and the Epistles of St Ignatius, 1899
- “Who was Who” 1897-2007 London, A & C Black, 2007 ISBN 9780199540877
- "Whitley (or Whiteley), Jabez Cornelius (WHTY855JC)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- "The Clergy List, Clerical Guide and Ecclesiastical Directory" London, Hamilton & Co 1889
- National Archives
- Project Canterbury
- Obituary The Bishop Of Chota Nagpur The Times Wednesday, 19 October 1904; pg. 4; Issue 37529; col D
|Church of England titles|
| Bishop of Chota Nagpur
|This article about an Anglican bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|