From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Jack O'Lantern, jack-o'-lantern, jack-o’-lantern, jack o'lantern, or 🎃 in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Jack-o'-lantern may be:
Customs and folklore
- In American English, a jack-o'-lantern (alternately spelled "jack o' lantern"), is a decoratively carved and internally lit pumpkin or turnip, named after the role of such vegetables in folklore tales about such lights
- In English folklore, an alternative term for will-o'-the-wisp or ignis fatuus, an unearthly light which attracts travellers
- In Irish folklore, an alternative term for Stingy Jack, also known as the Smith or Drunk Jack
Media and entertainment
- Jack O'Lantern (DC Comics), several DC Comics superheroes
- Jack O'Lantern (Marvel Comics), several Marvel Comics supervillains
- Dartmouth Jack-O-Lantern, a magazine
- Jack O'Lantern (film), a 2004 film
- Pyro Jack, demon found in the serie of games Shin Megami Tensei
- The Omphalotus olearius mushroom
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Jack-o'-lantern.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.